Swap a G250 Body for G250HP body?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a ridge or lip at the tip of the mouthpiece area that keeps the mouthpiece from sliding off when using a zip tie. Here is another pic....
View attachment 510975
If that case wasn't cracked before, it took a hard hit somehow. Dropped in the shop? Even if it was cracked, they should have seen it on the pre-service inspection and let you know what they found. That they didn't lends more weight to them doing it out of negligence and trying to cover it up.

Hi Jim, there was no mouthpiece installed when I dropped the reg off...the owner and I even talked about new mouthpiece options at that time...both looking at that area. We would have pointed out any obvious damage at that time.

Interesting...does complaining to Scubapro do anything? I mean, would Scubapro talk to the shop or something? I really have no direct evidence of the regulator body being undamaged before...such as dated pictures for the time it was given to the shop, etc.

You should not have to replace anything. Period, end of story. The shop broke your reg. They need to make it right. If they hesitate, contact ScubaPro and report this. If this somehow happened to a reg I was servicing for a customer, I'd let them know and order in a new case or offer a replacement if the case was no longer available. The old stage would get used as a classroom teaching prop.

What exactly is the manufacturer to do? Is there proof the dive shop damaged the case? The manufacturers and training agencies do not police dive shops/operators. If Andrew wants to contact Scubapro he'll need to put it in writing. If a manufacturer or training agency receives enough complaints then they can attempt to do something. On the other hand, if the dive store did indeed damage the case then it should compensate the owner. Jumping to the conclusion, without evidence let alone both sides of the story, the case was broken at the dive store, on a forum seems a bit odd to me. I'm not stating Andrew is misleading his readers, just stating we, as members, do not have enough information to pass judgement.

Dropping the case shouldn't break it unless there was already damage to the mouth piece ridge. It is possible the case was placed in a vice in an attempt to remove the jam nut covered in marine build up (the term for the green build up escapes me at the moment).

The dive shop and I spoke on the phone earlier today. The preliminary course of action would be to bring the regulator in for evaluation...see if it is safe to dive in the condition it is in. IMHO, I would prefer that that regulator is intact and as made by the manufacturer...then I can focus more on my dive than if at any time...the regulator could come apart.

The dive shop says that what we may do...is I would pay for a new body and they would swap it out for free.

Depending on the cost of the part, I may do that.

Now, to close this thread out...back to my original question....

Is there practically no difference between the G250 and G250HP as far as performance or abilities/features between the G250 and G250HP?

In other words...am I not giving up much if I cannibalize the G250HP to get one good G250?

I know about the metal air barrel in the G250 and how some folks who suffer from dry mouth love how it adds/retains moisture in the air stream versus the plastic air barrel in the G250HP. And the G250HP has the anti-engraving feature on the purge button...but otherwise, is the breathing performance the same?

I hear rave reviews of the G250...but I inherited this one...I have not dove either one, yet. I have over 600 dives with S600/S555/R390s and love them very much...not much of an issue with dry mouth that I remember.

Many of us do not like the complexity of the HP. Yes, there is a bunch more you can do to the tune, but honestly, IMHO, it gets to splitting hairs...

I don't know what parts you think you can swap between them.... there isn't much the same. Even though they used the 250 nomenclature, it really isn't very similar to the original g250, or the g250v which share many components.

YMMV

Attachments

• 11-261-000 G250 HP rev N.pdf
    95.8 KB · Views: 248
  • G250V.pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 289
It is more that there is a need for a G250 body...which, it sounds like the G250HP body will work.

Then, the question is...is the G250HP worth sacrificing to make one complete G250? This would be a lot easier if the G250HP was a pile of junk on its best day...I just don't know the potential of the G250HP, other than I hear it is inferior to the G250.

I do not believe you can put HP250 guts in a G250 body, nor can you put 250 guts in an HP body...

though I vaguely remember some form of a conversion kit to go from g250 -> HP (maybe?)

@couv

couple that could be grabbed on the big auction site....

upload_2019-3-25_17-23-44.png

price goes up with some having first stages....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom