Swampers weekend...let's try again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm starting a new thread...the other was getting confusing.

This is for a weekend at Mansfield Dam on Lake Travis so old and new Swampers can get together to dive, camp, visit and get to know each other. We seem to have lost some Swampers over the winter so if you know of any who haven't been on the board in awhile, clue them in and remind them to check in.

No date is suitable for everyone, what with work schedules, holidays and dive trips. Why don't we do this....everyone who is interested, list the dates for May and June you can make it. May 21-23 is Memorial Day weekend, June 4-6 is Sea Space, and June 18-20 is Fathers Day weekend. So other than those dates, tell me when you're free, not the dates you're busy.

For Beast and I...
May 29-30
June 11-13
June 25-27

We need to decide soon so that reservations can be made.

Memorial Day Weekend is May 28-31, so...

None of the above :frown:

The object is to list the dates you ARE available, not just whether you can make the dates I listed! Hey, Beast and I may not free but we're easy...we can change! I can compare everyones dates and pick the most common ones.

Common guys, this shouldn't be this hard!!!

That's just it....I'm not available any days in June (except for June 18-20, and that's Fathers Day). I'm swamped -- so to speak -- all month. And I'm NOT going to fight the crowds on Memorial Day weekend again....been there, done that.

However, there is nothing in the Texas Swamp Divers bylaws that states "There shall be no Swampers meeting without ScubaTexan." You guys can go anytime you want to Lake Travis. I don't have to be there. You went there before I was a Swamper. I won't feel the least bit slighted. Disappointed, yes, but only because I can't be there with you. I love you guys to death, but I wouldn't feel right if you cancelled a dive trip just because I couldn't be there.

Have fun....I insist! :wink:

Dee I thought I read in the last thread about this swampers meet and greet that all weekends in May were booked as far as the campground goes. We ARE available on 5/29-30, 6/19-20, 6/26-27 (birthday ugh) :e18:

I must have missed that one. I remember someone saying all weekends in June were open...at least they were then.

Dee:
I must have missed that one. I remember someone saying all weekends in June were open...at least they were then.

Yes you are correct. When I called while you were in Roatan they said that all weekends were avail in June. I think at that time May was the target date.

ScubaTexan (I think) had called and they told him 5/22-23 was booked and he thought that since the following weekend was memorial day it would also be booked but, who knows.

I think we will also go out to Travis one Sat. in May just to get wet. Gotta try out that new reg I won :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom