Suunto Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the headsup.. Got one for my wife's backup.

Have you bought from leisure pro? I am interested in this dive computer but worried that it does not mention warranties on it, while other dive computers do mention it.

Yes I have bought a couple of Zoops from them no warranty but I never had a issue 3 years ago.
So I took a small chance $ 150.00 for a really good Vyper. I recently bought a used Vyper Air for
$ 250.00 here on the forum. Suunto's are tough ... they are conservative but that might be good..

Leisure Pro Warranty Policy
LeisurePro is an authorized dealers on most popular brands we sell and all products we sell comes with a full warranty. In the event an item does not come with MFG warranty, Leisure Pro will provide and match Manufacturers full warranty.

http://www.leisurepro.com/i/WarrantyPolicy
It seems like you're covered but I have no personal experience with buying AL/Suunto products from them.

About a year ago or someone incorrectly commented that LP doesn't provide factory warranties on products.
I corrected it to be only Aqualung/Suunto now and their rep. backed me up.

At that price it's almost a throw-away. If you get 5 years out of it who cares about the warranty. My Gecko is probably 7-8 years old and all it's needed were battery changes.And a 2nd set of screen protectors since I'm pretty hard on it.

If it's DOA, their standard return policy applies:
Shop with peace-of-mind.
We think you'll agree that Leisure Pro has the best return policy in the industry. You have 60 days to return the merchandise for full refund and another 60 days (120 days total) to return for store credit. So go ahead shop with ease of mind. After delivery, if you are not fully satisfied with the products you can return it, no questions asked.

I don't understand why there would not be a warranty. Everything they sell comes with a warranty. It may not be the manufacturer's but they match it and are quicker than many manufacturers if there is an issue. I know in the past I have seen threads about Suunto customer service being notoriously slow. I would not hesitate a minute to buy from LP but picked up a few Puck Pro for $138 on a Black Friday sale so I got plenty of backup computing power for the family. And yes, the Mares version of RGBM is more liberal than Suunto (but less than Oceanic DSAT).

So when one tells you go up and the other says you have 10mins dive time left - which do you believe?
I believe the more liberal i300 which is the one I log from but for quick check of my depth or ascent rate I would glance at my wrist. I'll set the alarm for 10 minutes on the wrist and after that only look at the i300 for NDL. Sound like a plan? The data is almost in the same places on the face so no confusion there.

That should work ^

I’ve been upgrading my equipment mostly thru Leisure Pro. I’ve never had a problem with them always top notch service. I don’t know if anyone else has done this but when I see something on LP’s web site I want I put in my wish list and wait a day or two. I would say 7 out of 10 times I get an email from LP with the item I wanted with a lower price that’s good for 14 days. Sometimes the price is really low. If this is a marketing ploy it works it's a good one!

Also I had the Uwatec Aladdin for a long time. I never had a problem with it until the battery went. I sent it back for replacement. The company that made the battery was no longer so like Francesca said, “Paperweight”!

Also I had the Uwatec Aladdin for a long time. I never had a problem with it until the battery went. I sent it back for replacement. The company that made the battery was no longer so like Francesca said, “Paperweight”!
Somewhere I've got a Sport Ultra - it's still probably showing err on the screen. From what I've read the battery is soldered in plus the whole computer is encased in transformer oil. More than I wanted to deal with right b4 a trip.

If you ever want to resurrect yours, I think Brass Anchor still does them.

Thanks...I have a Luna now! The Aladdin is now in the haz mat waste!

Have you bought from leisure pro? I am interested in this dive computer but worried that it does not mention warranties on it, while other dive computers do mention it.

In the very unlikely event that it needs warranty service, you'll have to send it to LP instead of sending it to your authorized suunto dealer. That's all there is. I'm assuming the warranty is standard 12 months so after a year it's all completely moot.

That said, looking at LP product page I see it has no mention of any warranty anywhere. Bad LesiurePro, no cookie. I wouldn't buy it without first getting LP to spell out warranty terms.

Back
Top Bottom