Suunto Vyper/Gekko or ???? Too conservative?? Please help me chose a computer!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i just bought the gekko yesterday and can't wait to dive with it, i was torn between the Oceanic Veo 3.0 and the Gekko, and just for not having a backlight and being able to hook it up to a pc which the Veo has i saved myself $200 bucks, and the reviews are far better for the gekko... to me simplicity sold me, it has all the dive features i wanted, and really how hard is it to shine a light on your computer to see?? you can charge the face, with the light and it will keep it charged for quite a while from what i have read........Go to leisurepro.com and see the reviews on the gekko, i bet you will buy one after that!!!

I totally love Suunto's products! It gets as conservative as you want it to be, less or more.

I believe all Suunto computers have a personal conservatism setting, I thinks it's 4 stages, either 0, 1, 2 or 3.

A little about the Suunto RGB model.

Suunto RGBM

The Suunto Reduced Gradient Bubble Model is a state of the art algorithm for managing both dissolved gas and free-gas in all its stages in the tissues and blood of the diver.

The advantage of Suunto RGBM is a more accurate representation of what is happening in the diver's body, through its ability to adapt to a wide variety of situations.

The Suunto RGBM algorithm automatically adapts its predictions of both the effects of micro bubble build up and adverse dive profiles in the current dive series. It will further modify these calculations according to the personal adjustment that a diver can select

I have about 35 dives on my Gekko and love it. I recently bought the USB cable and now download all my dives into MacDive (for the Mac users). MacDive is great.

i just bought the gekko yesterday and can't wait to dive with it, i was torn between the Oceanic Veo 3.0 and the Gekko, and just for not having a backlight and being able to hook it up to a pc which the Veo has i saved myself $200 bucks, and the reviews are far better for the gekko... to me simplicity sold me, it has all the dive features i wanted, and really how hard is it to shine a light on your computer to see?? you can charge the face, with the light and it will keep it charged for quite a while from what i have read........Go to leisurepro.com and see the reviews on the gekko, i bet you will buy one after that!!!

you can hook the gekko up to a PC. search the forums for the gekko hack.

rivers I found the whole gekko hack hard to understand! I found the fourm that has the link on it, and it very tech talk... greek to me! but i guess it is a old link and does not come up anymore! it says website not found! so if you know you could walk me through the steps that would be muchly apreciated, and if you know the website to gekkohack

rivers I found the whole gekko hack hard to understand! I found the fourm that has the link on it, and it very tech talk... greek to me! but i guess it is a old link and does not come up anymore! it says website not found! so if you know you could walk me through the steps that would be muchly apreciated, and if you know the website to gekkohack
If you search for "gekko download," then you'll get a lot of hits here on SB.

This thread might be useful. The Gekko-to-Vyper hack essentially "tricks" Suunto Dive Manager software into thinking that your Gekko is a Vyper.

You will have to purchase a Suunto PC Download Cable. The USB version of the cable will be easier to use than a serial-to-USB adapter + Suunto serial cable (which will likely require the proper driver software to be installed).

No Gekko-to-Vyper "hack" is required if you download to a Mac using MacDive software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom