Suunto Vyper - Factory Reset??? or maybe just memory delete.... anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK... back from the islands.... two Vypers.... dived the same profiles with my daughter.... both units performed perfectly and the dive logs and history were cleared "like factory".... as for the 30 hour loop..... I had 100's of dives on my computer exceeding 30 hours and when I connected it to my computer it would report all dives back to 2002.... the used Vyper I bought also had dives exceeding 300 and it too would post every dive on my computer screen..... Those were the dives I hoped to erase.... what happened on the wrist was irrelevant... I didn't want the memory to flood my desktop with dive data.... especially from someone living in San Diego....

So anyway... this one was a win.

I know this thread is ancient, but does anyone know how to contact the author of these tools?

JConn Inv

I just tried this on a newly purchased 2nd hand vyper2 with no luck. set the comp to data transfer - link it up then it just hangs at "clearing personal". 20 minutes no success, by which time the comp has switched off data transfer through no action. Any ideas anyone? I cant find an address to register a problem.... anyone know of any other solutions to clear the history etc? thanks

I need to reset a Vyper using the Eraser on Suunto Tools but under the COM port selection, there is only COM4 on my computer, no USB choice and if I type that in, it makes no difference. Using COM4 with the Vyper plugged in (I installed USB device drivers from Suunto for the DM5) does allow it to search and count down from 100% to 0% but every time it states that no Type 1 device could be found. I've tried rebooting and the DC on and off and in PC mode and used 2 different cables that I know both work. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Suunto Eraser to no avail. Tested it on my Zoop and got the same problem. So should I try on another laptop or what gives?

---------- Post added August 22nd, 2015 at 10:26 AM ----------

I loaded the program onto a PC running Win10 and here strangely could see COM1 and COM3; COM3 worked well and managed to reset 2 Vypers, a Zoop and a Vyper Air; the latter took 1 hour to factory reset which was a bit worrying but now it is as new.

I've had no problems resetting my cobras but I have a couple of Vyper Airs that the Suntoo Eraser never sees to find.

Any idea if the source code is available or the original software author is somewhere to be found?

I've had no problems resetting my cobras but I have a couple of Vyper Airs that the Suntoo Eraser never sees to find.

Any idea if the source code is available or the original software author is somewhere to be found?
The Suunto Tools page no longer exists but is available through internet archive here

It includes some "source" code (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Does anyone know if the battery compartment of the Vyper is isolated from the guts of the computer.... my friend boasts that his new Uwatec Luna has a battery compartment absolutely separate from the internal workings of the unit.... I started to argue that most manufacturers figured THAT out a long time ago and even if you flood your battery compartment, a good rinse and dry and you should be 100% ok....
Your friend just MENTIONED that his Luna had an isolated battery compartment.
Miss you a lot Rob, RIP...!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom