Suunto Vyper Air or Vytec DS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just picked mine up last night.. just after my boat trip.. darn timing. I won't get to use it for another 2 weeks now, but I can't wait.. looks nice... the protective screen is better than the Vytec's and having the 4th button makes it a little easier to scroll through...

May have to do a night dive before bug season ends...

Has anyone used their Vyper Air yet? And are they on sale in the USA yet?

The Girlfriend and I have both a DS with the transmitter and we both love it.. You need to be carefull with air time remaining on your screen due to the ammount of air you are using with your BCD, it could miss lead your real bottom time. I only use the trasmitter to tell me how much air I have total or left but not really the time remaining with it.. The functions are so basic and easy to use that any new diver can use this computer no problem.. I like the fact that I can set up 3 mix gaz if I choose to do so... The only problem I have with it, is the face of the computer who seem to fog after each dive for a bit.. I don't think that my computer is the problem because my girlfriend also have some fog issue with hers..

I am not sure where to put this question so I will try here. I have had a suunto vyper computer. I purchased the dive manager one then updated to the dive manager 2 download programs. On the dive manager two I can not get the program to download the dives from the computer (vyper) It registers 64 dives to down load and does just that the 64 dives. The problem it has 74 dives in it and shows the last 6 in the dive log. Can anyone tell me why. I have tried a different cable a different laptop and reloading the program. Has anyone had this same problem? Thanks

The Girlfriend and I have both a DS with the transmitter and we both love it.. You need to be carefull with air time remaining on your screen due to the ammount of air you are using with your BCD, it could miss lead your real bottom time. I only use the trasmitter to tell me how much air I have total or left but not really the time remaining with it.. The functions are so basic and easy to use that any new diver can use this computer no problem.. I like the fact that I can set up 3 mix gaz if I choose to do so... The only problem I have with it, is the face of the computer who seem to fog after each dive for a bit.. I don't think that my computer is the problem because my girlfriend also have some fog issue with hers..

After the dive it's the plastic face guard that fogs up - try dunking the computer in water close to the air temp

tedwhiteva Says :

After the dive it's the plastic face guard that fogs up - try dunking the computer in water close to the air temp

Well, I found the situation more anoying then anything else !! but I did find a solution by taking with me to dive sites some soft paper that I can slide under the plastic face guard ..

Just used my Vyper Air for two dives yesterday in SoCal. Very easy to use. The compass worked well. Big thing.. You need to push and hold the left side button to activate during the dive... If you just push briefly it "bookmarks" for you. The numbers were very easy to read. I am happy with it. I still have my Vytec as well, but now I can prolong both computers by mixing them up for different style of dives...

I just bought one at the London dive show. Will try it for the first next month in Sharm. How easy was the transmitter pairing and the remaining air time indicator?
:blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom