Suunto vs. Aeris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd like to know people's thoughts generally on Suunto vs Aeris computers. There are various models in both product lines but there seem to be more general differences.

My overall impressions from reading their catalogues and looking at their demos onine are as follows:

Aeris:

More intuitive, bolder and more colorful display and easier to press buttons. Colorful bar graphs easy to follow. Disadvantage is smaller memory and lower download capacity. More liberal algorhythms.

Suunto:

Less obvious, less colorful and less visible display. Labels around edges seem to be not very intuitive. Larger memory and greater download capacity.

I'd like to hear the impressions/opinions of those who have actually used these different computers.

:)

My husband and I have Cobra's and are entering our 3rd season with them having logged over 100 dives. We love the Cobra. No regrets on our choice.

We find the Cobra very easy to use. Give yourself 30 minutes with the computer and the book and you'll have it made. The numbers are large and easy to read underwater. All the necessary info is on one screen with non-essential info on a second screen. It has user adjustable alarms as well as personal settings. The log book feature holds a lot of info and when downloaded you get a tremedous amout of additional info. The computer has a plan feature as well as a dive simulation mode. The quick disconnect is also a plus to be able to take it back to your room at time and do your logs.

Just changed the battery for the first time and it was easy, although you need to get the battery and o-ring from your LDS.

I can't say enough, we made the right choice.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom