Suunto Stinger Battery Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bighiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
If you need the battery replaced, let me know as I have the tools to replace it yourself.

You'll just need to buy the replacement o-ring and battery, then let me know and I can help you get the bezzle off and give you instructions as I have the tools to lend out.
How to change the battery in a Suunto Stinger dive computer - SCUBA Equipment Wiki - Learn About SCUBA Diving Gear and Equipment

Suunto Battery Kit for Spyder / Stinger. Instruments Computer accessories, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive
Suunto Dive Computer Batteries and Kits - www.watersportswarehouse.co.uk

It's that or pay $80 for it...

And no, it's SUPER EASY.

yup.

I'm a total DIYer. If I can do it myself, then when in the hell would I pay someone else?

you mean my zipper...yeah, that was a gong-show. Never again. It's not *really* that hard to do, just a bitch to find the righ cements and the zipper itself, then finding out a good way to do it, no thanks to Bare. Anyway, it held PERFECTLY :)

This time I sent my suit off to Bare for the neck seal, socks and pocket to get glued on (already bought the stuff from Steve Gamble).

Hopefully my ankle will be good enough for Port Hardy. Hopefully.

you mean my zipper...yeah, that was a gong-show. Never again. It's not *really* that hard to do, just a bitch to find the righ cements and the zipper itself, then finding out a good way to do it, no thanks to Bare. Anyway, it held PERFECTLY :)
@bighiller: Were you the one who replaced the shoulder-entry zipper on the Bare Nex-Gen? If so, did you use PB-300 adhesive to do the job? Which adhesive would you recommend using for the job?

Sorry for the off-topic questions...

This time I sent my suit off to Bare for the neck seal, socks and pocket to get glued on (already bought the stuff from Steve Gamble).

Hopefully my ankle will be good enough for Port Hardy. Hopefully.
You only have to hobble on to the skiff then fall off. Rig stays on the skiff for the whole trip plus I heard you are bringing a scuba shirpa (sp?) :)

@bighiller: Were you the one who replaced the shoulder-entry zipper on the Bare Nex-Gen? If so, did you use PB-300 adhesive to do the job? Which adhesive would you recommend using for the job?

Sorry for the off-topic questions...

Yup. PB-300 worked like a charm. I cemented it to the inside of the old zipper, then used aqua-seal on the inside seam. I just put three thick layers on both the zipper and the suit, made it all fit, then used a heat gun to activate it. Still holds. Hardest part is getting a jig to hold the suit down to allow for a clean attachment. By far that's the hardest part. If it's not flat and perfect you will get bubble/seams and other crap that is a pain to get out.

Stuart: I'll be there, but right now my ankle mobility is crap. I just got off crutched 4 days ago, but I am making good progress. I will do a try dive a week or so before hand to see how well it goes. It's iffy to be putting LOTS of weight on my ankle w/o it being fully healed as I risk making the whole thing a hellava lot worse. I figure finning and getting back on the boat will be the biggest challenge, though I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I went out to the site to purchase the smartinterface tool and was unable to get it to order correctly. For one thing, it is in german and I was not sure how to get it to the cart correctly.

Any help on purchasing this tool would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

I had problems with the ordering as well. These guys are German and not super experienced at selling stuff in NA, but I'm hoping they are improving.

Anyway, when I ordered I had to use Google Translate, but I think contacting the guy directly (Olaf Kühnhold <olaf at kuehnhold.org) will be a better option. If you need it, I would suggest getting a tracking number as my package took 3 weeks and left me wondering where the hell it was. Nice treat on the day it showed up and everything worked great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom