SUUNTO PC interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric_p:
Puro kayo OT :)
Sabagay, problema na ng moderator yan (pao?) hehehe

Jag: I use a Vyper (lumalabo kasi mata ko sa mosquito na maliit eh :) so I don;t use the mosquito cable either....but for you, I'll keep a mosquito cable in my drawer....how's that for the Lasallian spirit? :)
bongga! see you tonight!

Jag

Hi Jag,

Dang (our dept sec) has the mosquito cable in her drawer.... just show up when you need it....

Btw, the Stinger cable is now out..... Happy New Year!

eric_p:
Hi Jag,

Dang (our dept sec) has the mosquito cable in her drawer.... just show up when you need it....

Btw, the Stinger cable is now out..... Happy New Year!
hey great! thanks! maybe friday if 1st-week-of-school chaos has petered out by then...

Jag

just dug this thread up when i googled the pc interface for stinger. got the suunto interface. problem is the cable that came with it is an antique 9-pin female jack. most computers dont have the male 9-pin jack anymore. anyone knows how to rig up an adaptor/converter? cant find one in computer shops in megamall and gilmore.

just dug this thread up when i googled the pc interface for stinger. got the suunto interface. problem is the cable that came with it is an antique 9-pin female jack. most computers dont have the male 9-pin jack anymore. anyone knows how to rig up an adaptor/converter? cant find one in computer shops in megamall and gilmore.
damn... coulda sworn i clicked "send" when i answered this

anyway: go to CDR King... they have a whole gamut of connectors and adapters... they should have a way for you to go from 9pin parallel to USB...

that or... ummmmm.... look for a pentium 2? :rofl:

Jag

jigo, I have a 9pin male serial cable to USB adapter sitting around (you just plug the Suunto interface into 1 side and a standard USB cable on the other side). Used to use it with my old DIY suunto cable that I bought on ebay awhile back. Not sure if it was all the new upgrades to the Suunto software lately, but downloads were getting interrupted/corrupted. If I swing by the PI, I can drop it off in Manila.

That would be great Mike. pls pm me price. it will save us from having to download to a prehistoric desktop and transfering the data to a flashdisk.

Back
Top Bottom