Suunto Gekko price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3.j.l0uw

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying my first dive computer.

I don't have the money to splurge on something like a Heinrichs Weikamp, so I've found a second hand Gekko on the web.

It is for sale for about $150. It's this a reasonable price, or should I see if I can get the seller to lower his price?

That seems like way too much. Prime Scuba sells the Zoop - the replacement for the Gekko - for $204. Suunto Zoop Dive Computer Scuba Diving Wrist Watch - Walmart.com

If Leisurepro gets them back in stock (Zoop's) they sell for $179 new. Suunto Zoop Air/Nitrox Wrist Computer However that may not happen since Huish took over distribution from Aqualung late last year. (fall 2016)

Suunto thinks their download cable is something special though so it's about $80 more also.

Personally I'd offer $100 or less. You can get a new Mares Puck for $149. Mares Puck Wrist Computer

Someone recently posted that LeisurePro ran out of Pucks so shipped them a Puck Pro for the same price. Mares Puck Pro Wrist Computer

Thanks for the reply diversteve.

I also thought it is too much. I was thinking about offering between $80 and $100.

Yes, around $100 is fair.

The thing about buying a computer that has been around for sometime is that the older ones are going to be starting to fail regardless of how much they have been used.

I wouldn't buy a used computer whose model type, Gekko, Cobra, ..., has been around for ten years.

I got a Zoop new off Amazon for $180 and $55 for the cable in August.

The Zoop. The Nova looks nice but at the time I was looking for the cheapest new three button watch. The Mares Puck is the cheapest new computer but I knew a one button interface would drive me up a wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom