Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CustomIdea say you only need to do this for the 64bit variants but it's worth a shot.

Press F8 when booting up just after the POST screen and you'll get a menu, choose the option that says something like "disable driver signature enforcement". Then try that.

Does Windows device manager see the cable?

I'm thinking the dive computer isn't recognizing the cable, not the PC. Is that correct, Jonin?

I'm thinking the dive computer isn't recognizing the cable, not the PC. Is that correct, Jonin?

No - what is probably happening is that Dive Manager 3.x has some sort of a bug in it. Try version 2.7

I'm running into the issue that i cannot get 3.x to work on any machine (XP SP3, Win 7-64 bit) - but 2.7 seems to work right away although on my win 7 machine detection seems to take forever.

I understand that DM 4.0 will be out end of the year - and that this solve some of these issues.

No - what is probably happening is that Dive Manager 3.x has some sort of a bug in it. Try version 2.7

I'm running into the issue that i cannot get 3.x to work on any machine (XP SP3, Win 7-64 bit) - but 2.7 seems to work right away although on my win 7 machine detection seems to take forever.

I understand that DM 4.0 will be out end of the year - and that this solve some of these issues.

i have W7 32 bits, and the Suunto DM 2.7 , custom idea usb cable , no problem at all to download my Gekko

Vista 32bit

I had the same problem on 2 different laptops.
I was on the wrong comm port.
On one laptop, when I hunted I found a comm port tagged as "Suunto"
On the other it did not tag it that way.
I had to try all of them till I found the right one.

Alrighty, I'm stuck.

New system running Win7, 64 bit, after my older XP machine imploded.

Installed the USB port software, and verified it was functioning as a serial port with the device manager. (German cable, using their "Expess" setup).

Installed the MovesCount DM4 software from the website.

Gekko set to PC mode.

Selected the "Vyper" computer from the list.

I get the "No computer connected" error.

Any ideas?

What's giving the no computer connected error? the Suunto software or the Gekko2Vyper software?

If it's the Suunto software i think that the newer version of Suunto Dive manager no longer has serial functionality and this is what you need as the German cable of yours shows up as a pseudo serial port.

Your best bet would be to uninstall SDM4 and to install SDM3.1 instead. I have a look at the newer software and really didn't like it. a lot of functionality seems ot have been removed.

It is the DM4 software.

Now to try and find a 3.1 download. Suunto has removed it from their site. :idk:

I think if you ask them they'll give you a link to it. They do this as users on the older versions have to update to 3.1 first to get their data consistent. If you have no luck with that though, let me know and i'll stick a copy up on my website where you can download it from.

OK, found the 3.1 software (Google is my friend:wink:), and it finds my dives.

It says 75 dives are on the Gekko, max depth is there, but the window where it asks me to select the dives I'd like to download is blank.

I've tried downloading under the Vyper, Zoop and "Other" headings, and the window stays blank.

I tried the JDivelog software, but that also refuses to recognise my cable, like DM4.

Anyone have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom