Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parrothead -
I just got the cable and download from Ebay for $56 from Germany last week.

It works like a charm on my Gekko and Cobra.

I used the latest Suunto SDM - ver 3.0.0.

I think that I saw a program called "vyper to gekko" either on the CD or as a menu option.

So if the Gekko was to be sent back in to Suunto, how would you change the memory fix back to gekko setting and not the vyper?

The direct answer to your question is, the Gekko to Vyper program gives you a choice when you run it. Click either a radio button for the Gekko to Vyper conversion or a button for Vyper to Gekko conversion. That's it!

Is it recommended to change the gekko back to a "gekko" after downloading data or is it ok to leave it in "vyper" mode indefinitely?

Is it recommended to change the gekko back to a "gekko" after downloading data or is it ok to leave it in "vyper" mode indefinitely?

Leave it in Vyper mode. It won't affect teh operation at all. Perhaps, if you need to send it back for warranty work, you may want ot change back to a Gekko.

Just ordered the OEM cable from leisurepro.com. It costs a little more ($82.50 with shipping), but I'd rather pay that than deal with international shipping though eBay. I know others have had no issues with the eBay sellers, but I'm a tad toward the paranoid end of the spectrum.:idk:

Can't wait to download my profiles from my Gekko!

Holy carp! It works!

Here's a screen capture of the profile for the shark dive in Nassau:

Attachments

• shark dive.jpg
    shark dive.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 229
Ok I have been digging thru the thread.....found one link to get the Gekko crack...it's dead anyone know where I can get it alone with a Suunto USB Interface Cable?

Ok I have been digging thru the thread.....found one link to get the Gekko crack...it's dead anyone know where I can get it alone with a Suunto USB Interface Cable?
@Boss64: This webpage has a lot of wonderful, freely downloadable Suunto tools. The gekko-to-vyper hack is among them.

You can order the Suunto USB download cable from any Aqualung/Suunto authorized dealer, Leisurepro.com, or some german company via Ebay.

Hope this helps...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom