Suunto Favor Air Lux age?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustJules

Contributor
Reaction score
A question for some of you who have been diving a while. I just picked up a used Suunto Favor Air Lux as part of a deal with a used regulator. (Yes, from a trusted source, and yes it was all checked out by my local dive shop.) I know it's an older computer, but I don't know how old. Does anyone happen to know when they stopped production of that computer?

Thanks,
Julie

I THINK they still make it..or at least still sell it. I'm not at work right now to check their dealer catalog, but I think it is still in their 2001 buyers list. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

It just not their "top of the line" computer anymore, so you don't hear too much about it.

Thanks for the link. Mine is an older model than the one on the Aqualung site. It's rectangular rather than rounded. Not a big deal, I was just curious about how old this computer really is. :)

Julie

I purchased a Suunto Favor Air Lux unit back in January. It was a close out at my local dive shop and has been replaced by the Cobra (nitrox compatible and smaller). I was so impressed byit that I also got one for my wife but could no longer get it from the manufacturer but got lucky because a local dive instructor wanted to upgrade to the Cobra and I got a good deal on his. I would recommend getting the Suunto disconnect unit which allows you to remove the entire unit from the HP hose/regulator. Then you can take the computer with you poolside to log your dive stats. The backlight function works well on night dives. I also like the "dive time remaining" function.
The batteries are supposed to be easily replacable but I haven't had to replace them yet.

Keep Blowing Bubbles,

ODDIVER

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom