Suunto Eon Core Wrist Dive Computer - With Transmitter And USB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard feedback about the readability of the screen. Specifically, many people have experienced screen glare issues in shallow water, but also in deeper water with high light conditions. Not sure, if there exists a matte screen protector type product that would mitigate that glare or how much screen brightness such a matte protector would take away. I do not have one of these so the above is just what I have read in reviews.

I've heard feedback about the readability of the screen. Specifically, many people have experienced screen glare issues in shallow water, but also in deeper water with high light conditions. Not sure, if there exists a matte screen protector type product that would mitigate that glare or how much screen brightness such a matte protector would take away. I do not have one of these so the above is just what I have read in reviews.
I’ve been using a Steel for 2 years diving U.K. and tropical waters. I’ve not noticed an issue reading the display.

I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts comparing the EON Core with the AquaLung i770R computer. They appear to be similar size, form factor, screen size and general functionality. I can get both of them new in box right now with a transmitter for < $800 shipped and with no tax. As an intermediate recreational diver, either one seems like it would be a good fit for me so I'm very close to pulling the trigger. I just don't have any experience with either one so I don't know anything about reliability, issues, regrets or no regrets etc. Thanks in advance to anyone who has anything meaningful to say about comparing those devices. If I get more advanced in my diving, I may consider getting something like a Perdix down the road. For now, for $500+ less, one of these would be fine imo. Then, if I do get a Perdix later, whichever one I get now can act as a backup on the other arm.

Love my Eon Core. I have never had an issue reading the screen underwater even very shallow in bright light. It can be hard to read above water in bright light. Once at the end of the dive I put it an inch or so underwater to read it and that was all I needed. This was at noonish in the tropics.

The one bad thing about the Eon is the Suunto phone app for it is terrible. If you have an iPhone I strongly recommend Mac-Dive which will connect seamlessly to the Eon via Bluetooth and is a great app for only a few dollars.

Thanks Edward and Landau.

I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts comparing the EON Core with the AquaLung i770R computer. They appear to be similar size, form factor, screen size and general functionality. I can get both of them new in box right now with a transmitter for < $800 shipped and with no tax. As an intermediate recreational diver, either one seems like it would be a good fit for me so I'm very close to pulling the trigger. I just don't have any experience with either one so I don't know anything about reliability, issues, regrets or no regrets etc. Thanks in advance to anyone who has anything meaningful to say about comparing those devices. If I get more advanced in my diving, I may consider getting something like a Perdix down the road. For now, for $500+ less, one of these would be fine imo. Then, if I do get a Perdix later, whichever one I get now can act as a backup on the other arm.

I was just rereading my own post above and may change my mind. Maybe I should just spend the extra money now, get a Perdix, and then get something like the Eon Core as a backup on sale down the road. Just the opposite order of what I said. I may want to learn side mount diving in the near future and I assume I would need something like the Perdix with dual transmitters to support that?

The Aqua Lung runs PZ+, it will be much more conservative than running the Suunto at P-2. At that setting the Suunto is very close to a Buhlmann GF high of 95 or DSAT. It you are not concerned with the deco algorithm, now or later, the AL would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom