Question Suunto EON core FW 3.0.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fifa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Suunto recently released new FW 3.0. for EON core, but release notes are not too informative, do you have some more info on top of that:

This update includes:
• Customize your own dive modes and define your settings regarding gas, algorithm and dive alarms with Suunto app and transfer them to your dive computer
• Choose the display style of your dive mode; prominent, graphical or classic
• Bug fixes and general improvements

Interesting that it lists just one version. I wonder if the previously STEEL only features (Buhlman algorithm) will now be available on the core?

EDIT - found my answer - No. But they have updated the CORE manual to version 3.0. The downloadable one looks a bit cleaner and clearer than the paper copy I received with my Core.

The manual also says you can customize the views/display with the Suunto APP - no more DM5 needed for that. In fact DM5 is not mentioned at all!

I think I'll give the app a try to see if I can customize my views a bit more. (Still planning to use Mac-Dive IOS for my actual log though)

I just downloaded the update on my Eon Steel Black and the thing I see is being able to use the App to change settings via the app instead of having to set up with DM5, which may be very useful as I always set up my computer with DM5, but don't take the laptop when I go diving. So if I made a cock up I can change settings during pre-dive checks via my mobile which is always with me.:D

.....use the App to change settings via the app instead of having to set up with DM5, which may be very useful ....don't take the laptop when I go diving. So if I made a cock up I can change settings during pre-dive checks via my mobile which is always with me.:D
My wife and I just discussed this. This is a great move by Suunto. We're breaking out the computers today to geek out on it a bit. Haha!

Just updated my Eon Core from a PC. Easy and painless though slow.

Took a look at the latest Suunto App on the iphone and confirmed I can edit settings on the Eon from the phone., I was hoping for a little more control than was available in DM5 but it appears to be the same - though more logical and easier to use.

I updated to v3.0 via Sunnto Link on win10 last week. But what app is this which is not DM5? Is it Android based over Bluetooth 5?

The app is just called Suunto. Available on iOS or Android, and yes it communicates via Bluetooth

I updated to v3.0 via Sunnto Link on win10 last week. But what app is this which is not DM5? Is it Android based over Bluetooth 5?
Yeah, just go into the Play store and download the Suunto app. Once you connect your dive computer to the app via Bluetooth, you will see a menu to change settings on your dive computer. You obviously do that there. While I find that once I have a mode set on the Core, I rarely change it. However, this allows you to change/tweak settings on the boat if all you have is your phone on you. Pretty cool. On a side note, since it sounds like you're new to the app....the dive computer will link to the phone/tablet when you're within range and download your dive data to it automatically if you want it to. Also pretty cool.

Ok. The dive planning for tech dives still requires DM5 and a laptop right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom