Suunto DM4 Won't Install on Windows 7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay thanks.

The error occurs whenever I click the DM4 icon.

The ONLY way I can get it to run at all is to run the setup.exe file in admin mode, which effectively re-installs it every time.

Hi, i was struggling this apps few days ago since i bought a D6i.
Thanks to archiebald, and i managed to install and run DM4 for it's shortcut now.
Everything works fine here.

chrpai,

I uninstalled all, re-started the computer then re-installed and finally it seems to be working as it should. THANK YOU!!

For anyone reading this, there are no samples in the DM4 installation but you can try this.

Version 3.1 is still available here (scroll down to the bottom)
Suunto Dive Manager | Suunto

Install it, export the included samples and import them into DM4.

Thanks. I will look at it tonight when i get home. I noticed the fix last night, but fell asleep.

Hi, i was struggling this apps few days ago since i bought a D6i.
Thanks to archiebald, and i managed to install and run DM4 for it's shortcut now.
Everything works fine here.

Ah, the life of an Install expert. When someone finally says thanks, they get the name wrong.

Oh well, it pays for the diving... :)

When I get it installed i will remember who fixed it. I did run a check and found gtk already on there, do I need to remove it?

I focused my test scenario in a very narrow beam. If the setup.exe detects your installation of gtk# as valid then you'll be find. But if it doesn't, and you get that error message, then you'll want to uninstall it and follow the procedures that I wrote.

It's very possible you have an older runtime installed that will match the expected ProductCode and the setup.exe will accept it. I just didn't download all of their previous releases to get a feel for that scenario.

sounds good, I am just getting home from work, so after I chill a bit I will look at it

Ah, the life of an Install expert. When someone finally says thanks, they get the name wrong.

Oh well, it pays for the diving... :)

Oops, my bad.
Thanks to chrpai for your effort on the workaroud.

Oops, my bad.
Thanks to chrpai for your effort on the workaroud.

No problem. BTW, if any of my fellow divers happen to be in software development roles and need some help creating the build / deployment automation for their solution, please free to cruise on over to:

http://www.iswix.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom