Suunto DM 4 software - has anyone else tried? See any improvement over their 3.1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tony1263

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
I see Suunto has an upgraded version of their Dive Manager software (previously I was using their DM 3.1). I am hoping some of the issues with older versions have been fixed such as temp showing incorrectly, not being able to save buddies, Dive Masters, weather conditions, etc.

Well, I've loaded the software, imported my dives and started looking around and the data. At first glance, and of course, without visiting the website yet for instructions, it appears the user has less opportunity to manually input any data. They seemed to have fixed the temperature issue by removing the temp other than a single max depth temp. Hopefully this is the case only because these dives were imported from an earlier version. One of my dives shows me surfacing at 13 feet and again at 6 feet (not sure why or what is going on there...).

My hope is when downloading from the dive computer (as compared to an import), my first impressions of this software are incorrect.... Has anyone else tried this software? Any different experiences?

I've got DM4 loaded on my pc alongside DM3.1.... no comparison, and if I were you I'd stick with DM3.1. There is no ability to enter data (equipment, buddies, locations, etc. other than notes) unless you become a member of their Movescount site. Pretty useless upgrade, in my opinion.

Thanks for your input. I've had a chance to review a little more since my post and I concur completely, stay with DM3. Sad....

Back
Top Bottom