Suunto Dive Manager printing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

widiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have the Suunto Dive Manager 2.1.5 and have a question on printing. Is there anyway to change the margins so the print doesn't appear right along the left edge of the paper? I hole punch that side and the holes cut off part of the information. I looked in the driver for my printer (canon i960) and didn't find any option there.
I have also tried printing just a list of my dives from my dive log and the help file says you just need to select the folder that the logs are in and then file and print. When I select the folder (all dives) and try to print it will print the actual log and not the list. I found if I make a shortcut of the dives into the my dive folder and then select that folder I can print the list and not the individual logs. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

thanks for the help

John

Similarly related question (not answer, sorry):

SDM wants to print legal size paper (A4) to my printer. Printer setup button opens up Windows' standard print manager, and standard letter paper is selected.

Using 2.1.5 BTW.

This won't help those of you with Windows machines, but there is software for the Mac at http://divelog.actwin.com/. The print settings (preferences) allow you to choose the page layout, SSI, PADI or full sheet. It prints the info along with the profile and a trim line to cut it to fit - I have SSI and it works great. There is a beta version that allows uploads of photos, though I have had problems with that portion and have contacted the software developer and he is working on it (it is beta afterall) But for those with Macs, for the $30 it is worth it.

I found a work-around for this printing problem. If you have Microsoft Office installed, you should be able to print to the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer", which is in your printer list. If you don't have this, some other programs allow filtering a print into their program (I believe adobe does this with acrobat or photoshop).

Then just open the file in that application and print. It's an added few steps, but it worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom