Suunto Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why do they not honor warranties from places other than the LDS. It seems like a racket to push everyone to the LDS in order to spend more money. You're kind of stuck since you spend all that money to buy equipt and risk not having a warranty. Seems kind of like a monopoly to me. Whats the diff whether you buy it from Liesure Pro, Joediver, or your local shop. Except the price :(

I just replaced the Cobra I had with a Cobra 3, purchased from an authorized dealer, so no funny stuff about warranty coverage. After about 20 dives on it so far, I have to say I like it a lot. Easy to read, and adding the fourth button was a stroke of genius. Makes it so much easier to maneuver through the menus

I dove in a pool last Wednesday. This weekend I turned on my Gecko to check some information and it thought I was in deco at over 300 feet. I couldn’t get it to clear so just let it run until it went into error mode. I am hoping that it will work fine again once it clears the 48 hour non-operating period.

I bought it in November 2007 but, besides maybe 2 pool dives, it wasn’t really used until the spring of 2008. So I’m slightly over the 3 year warranty period use wise.

I purchased a used cobra that the depth is wrong I sent it to a suunto repair center, end result it needs to be replaced. I know there's a way to replace the bad parts but can't find any info on it.even tried to contact aqua lung but got no responce

Over the last 2 years I unfortunately had 3 of my 5 Cobra's die due to malfunctioning pressure sensors. The we're 3-4 years old. Since they were out of warranty Suunto did give me break on replacement computers. No problems noted since.

Something about Suunto transmitters I have found out recently. We had a lady who bought a Vyper Air. She kept getting a "fail" error message for the transmitter. The code would be reset & still she kept getting the "fail" message. The LDS owner even gave her his Vyper Air & took hers while on a trip. Hers worked fine for him,... his failed for her. The LDS owner called Suunto to find out what was going on. There is a rather vague statement that if the air in the cylinder is "slammed" on, the transmitter will fail. The air must be turned on slowly & carefully. It should be done that way anyways, in case of a 1st stage weakness. Something to consider.

I have found with my VyperAir that I get better behavior when I open the valve slowly. (that and I was taught it was a good idea anyway in case your spg lets go) I like my VyperAir a lot, BUT I have had a fair amount of problems with regard to the wireless air integration. One thing to keep in mind, as this is a popular computer, if a few people on a dive boat have wireless Suunto products, the pairings will get a little screwy and you may have to go down the line and re-pair. I am having problems wiht mine right now, and have been meaning to reset the integration by the manual (ive just been using the SPG instead) But I had 2 dives on the first Vyper, lost the transmitter both times, the LDS replaced it no questions asked, and now on my seccond computer, 60 or so dives in, I am having transmitter issues again. I know I have the receipt but I dont know that I registered it... hopefully I can get it straightened out without having to mail the computer back to San Diego.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom