Suunto D9tx - compass not working; repair price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried a sharp rap to see if the compass unsticks?

I'm used to excellent service from Shearwater and Oceanic/Huish, have never owned anything Suunto

I have posted several times regarding Shearwater and Oceanic/Huish service. Everyone expects to hear exemplary reviews of Shearwater. As you undoubtedly know, I have not had the best of luck with my Teric and have put Shearwater service to the test

I have owned Oceanic computers since 2002 and 5 are still in use in my family. I dive a 12 year old VT3 with 1,806 dives and 1,903 hours on it along with my Teric. My son dives a VT4 and a Geo 2. My wife and daughter both dive a Pro Plus 2. The Pro Plus 2s were originally purchased in 2002 and the pressure sensors eventually went out after 15 and 17 years respectfully. Oceanic/Huish replaced the computers with new units for only $175 each, including new compasses and quick disconnects. Both of those computers are currently in use. I have had 2 PPS MH8A transmitters replaced with new units for just $120 each

Laugh if you will

I dive a 12 year old VT3 with 1,806 dives and 1,903 hours on it along with my Teric.
That's a lot of diving hours! It's hard for many people to do more than one dive a day.

That's a lot of diving hours! It's hard for many people to do more than one dive a day.
That’s 2.4 dives each and every day for 12 years. Pretty darn impressive!

...I dive a 12 year old VT3 with 1,806 dives and 1,903 hours on it...

1662223117127.png

I started diving the VT3 on July 4, 2010 on Little Cayman, My most recent dive was last Tuesday, August 30, on Bonaire.

I've not kept track, when I dive, I likely average somewhere between 2 and 3 dives per day.

Actually, this works out to only 0.4 dives per day and 26 minutes per day over the little more than 12 years and a little over 63 minutes per dive :) 2.4 dives per day would have me at over 10,000 dives. I'm still about 250 short of 2,500, hope to make it before I turn 70

I think you may have forgotten to carry the one, or carried too many ones, somewhere in your calculations. 1806 dives in 12 years averages 150.5 dives each year. 2.4 dives everyday is more like 876 dives per year.

150 is still impressive. 876 is on a whole other level.

View attachment 741521

I started diving the VT3 on July 4, 2010 on Little Cayman, My most recent dive was last Tuesday, August 30, on Bonaire.

I've not kept track, when I dive, I likely average somewhere between 2 and 3 dives per day.

Actually, this works out to only 0.4 dives per day and 26 minutes per day over the little more than 12 years :) 2.4 dives per day would have me at over 10,000 dives. I'm still about 250 short of 2,500, hope to make it before I turn 70

You're right. Still a huge number in 12 years! I do hope that you do it before 70...on the same computer!

My total dive time is 2,241:26. It's much more impressive if you say it is a little over 93 days or 13 weeks 👌

Not directly related but do you know what happens when a suunto d6i gets to 1000 dives?
That's right, it rolls back to 001 :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom