Suunto D9 case opener/ bezel removal tool question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Pasic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a family member overseas in Europe that is in need of a case opener tool to remove the bezel to change the Suunto D9 battery.

I currently have a case opener tool that I want to send but want to make sure the wrench bits are not too large to fit into the bezel slots.

Can someone currently with a Suunto D9 please measure the bezel slots with a digital caliper or ruler in millimeters so I can get the measurement of a slot so I can determine if the case opener bits I have are the right size or are to large. I would be so grateful.

or can someone tell me what is the correct bit size to open the D9 case. Her computer is out of warranty thats why she feels comfortable doing it herself.

Thanks for the info

Maybe cheaper and easier to just take it to a shop this time... oh and quicker

If in europe try this: Smartinterface – Your online shop for dive related accessories they are in germany and shipping cost are reasonable.

The D9 opening tool that Smartinterface sells is no good (see picture below). The "teeth" are very shallow and the tool loses its grip on the D9 ring as soon as you start applying some torque on it and you end up badly scratching the rear case. It surprised me, being a german tool. Instead, I recommend the universal rear case opener shown in the pictures which come with 4 sets of bits for different screwed rear cases. The round one is perfect for the D9. Trust me. I have opened hundreds of D9´s with this tool. You can get it on Amazon for less that $ 25.

Attachments

• D9 wrench1.jpg
    D9 wrench1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Rear case openning wrench.jpg
    Rear case openning wrench.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 251
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom