Suunto D6 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maples

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had an issue with the D6 'select' button (top left) failing? The button itself is moving freely but failing to function. Anyone seen this before, or more importantly have any brainwaves on how to resolve the issue?

I've had similar problems for years with the top left button on my old D3 Bottom Timer --greater finger pressure needed while at depth to activate the reset function of the timer, while the select feature function on the surface is intermittent at best.

I have had mine for over three years with no issues so far.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had an issue with the D6 'select' button (top left) failing? The button itself is moving freely but failing to function. Anyone seen this before, or more importantly have any brainwaves on how to resolve the issue?

Yours is a mechanical problem. The pushbutton is not able to close the circuit in the module. When you push any of the four buttons, it closes a different circuit in the module which starts a particular action. Regret to inform you that the only way to solve the problem is to take it to an authorized Suunto service center.

Will take it in next time we go down to the city, meantime it's been replaced with a D4i.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom