suunto cobra ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back from Coz yesterday and am concerned about my Cobra. Here is the deal buddy had a sherwood wisdom, the DM a uwatec something. I was ok on the first dive but on the second dive I had alot less bottom time than anyone else. I also was not as deep as the DM. We were using air. I on purpose pushed the Cobra into deco because air supply was still high. So it called for a 6 min deco at or below 10 ft I singled the DM and finished the dive floating above everyone else.This does not seem right is the Cobra that conserveited or could it be messed up? Any way switched to nitrox the rest of the trip 32% first dive 36% on second and I could dive thier profiles and have more in reserve. Whats up with the Cobra?

Can you give us your bottom time and depth? This way we could have a better idea on whats going on with your Cobra.

I've dove with the Cobra for the past 2 yrs ~200 dives and haven't had conservative problems.

Aardal:
Can you give us your bottom time and depth? This way we could have a better idea on whats going on with your Cobra.

I've dove with the Cobra for the past 2 yrs ~200 dives and haven't had conservative problems.
Ya I can but I have not downloaded the info into my computer yet. Had to work today and Sat will get back to you thou. Thanks

The Cobra uses (like all Suunto's) an RGBM algorithm and is very conservative. The Wisdom uses a classic Haldane algorithm and is (like all Pelagic manufactured computers) very liberal. Do a search on RGBM if you want to learn more.

I guess you checked that you weren't diving on one of the more conservative modes?

A short surface interval will cause you to be "penalized" on the second dive.

domino22:
Just got back from Coz yesterday and am concerned about my Cobra. Here is the deal buddy had a sherwood wisdom, the DM a uwatec something. I was ok on the first dive but on the second dive I had alot less bottom time than anyone else. I also was not as deep as the DM. We were using air. I on purpose pushed the Cobra into deco because air supply was still high. So it called for a 6 min deco at or below 10 ft I singled the DM and finished the dive floating above everyone else.This does not seem right is the Cobra that conserveited or could it be messed up? Any way switched to nitrox the rest of the trip 32% first dive 36% on second and I could dive thier profiles and have more in reserve. Whats up with the Cobra?
I dive locally at just under 5000' altitude and keep the altitude adjustment at that setting. Went to West Palm Beach in Florida and made a couple of dives and didn't change the altitude setting. The second dive was a bit shorter because the computer was adding in the additional depth for the altitude.
Did you have it set for altitude? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom