Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheebye

Reaction score
I own a new suunto cobra, I took it for diving twice last couple weeks. The alarm for the Cobra is supposed to go off when tank pressure drops below 750psi and 500 psi, but i did not hear it under water. can someone tell me if there is somthing i need to set up? (note: the tank pressure alarm goes off in the simulation mode) thanks!!

I used to dive a Cobra, now past on to my daughter. Anyway it beeped three short beeps and the pressure display would flash when the air got to 750psi and then at 500psi.

Are you wearing a hood? That might make it harder to hear, the beeps aren't "real" load.

I can't hear the alarm at all. It is not a very loud alert to begin with.

But the truth is why have an alarm at all. If dive is planned correctly, the guage checked often, and no gas losing malfunctions occur during the dive it is simply not needed.

Hallmac

I wear a hood and when my alarm has gone off I have often not heard it. It is such a small tone, I often don't recognize it. It is kind of there in the back ground and easy to miss. I think it should be louder, but then, the display flashes too and I always see that.

I think there is a setting to turn the alarm on. I'll check tonight.

The alarm is not very loud. But even with a hood you should still be able to hear it. And if you know your getting low on air, and then hear anything out of the ordinary, you know it just went off.

Now without a hood I can hear mine plane as day.

I'll let you know.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom