Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a new Cobra in March. In its first 20 dives, it gave erroneous depth readings on two. I have emailed SUUNTO and gotten no response. I have sent the computer back - six weeks ago - and haven't gotten it back or any word on why it has taken so long.
Right now, I would not recommend a Cobra.
Rick

I bought a Cobra and have logged many dives on it and have never had a problem with it. I dive with a instructor who has a full decompression computer and we are right on as far as time and depth. I really enjoy the Cobra.

Aaron

Hey buff,

I bought the Cobra,10 dives on it so far.No problems, I love it.
My wife and son bought it too.The only difference between the three is that my son's registers water temp 2 degrees warmer,no biggie.
Suunto now offers a package called the pro-pack, It includes, Cobra,Sk-7 compass,quick disconnect,and Pc interface.
The pc interface is really cool,you can download your logbook into the Suunto Dive Manager.You can graph your dives,and add personal notes, gear configuration,weight, site, directions, buddy,DM,etc.
The quick disconnect is nice,I don't have to take my whole Reg. into the computer room to download,just the computer itself.

Hope this helps, Tavi:tree:

I have a Cobra with around 20 dives on it, and I love it. Never had any problems with any of it's readings and I check them by analog gauges pretty regular. But I am a bit concerned about Rick's trouble with his and the way Suunto appears to have handled it so far.

Hey

I too have a cobra. I think it is a great computer. However, i cannot hear the alarms underwater at all. I tested them yesterday after purposely exceeding the depth limit (i set it too go off if 10 metres was breached). I checked the alarm on the surface and it works fine. I dive in a dry suit so maybe it is because i have a thick hood on.
Does any one here get the same problem? Cheers

Frog,
I have a cobra also. I hear the alarm some of the time with no hood, but will not hear it with a hood on, unless I am listening for it. My hearing isn't great, but it would be nice if the alarm was a little louder.
I am happy with it otherwise. I moved up from an old US Diver with out many options so it still seems pretty cool.
I did get a leaky o ring within the first 19 dives.

regards,
Mike

Have been diving with my cobra for 21 dives thusfar. Really cool. Works well.

Are there any early signs of a leaky o-ring? Or does the sucker just flood?

Newhampster,

It did not flood, it just started leaking air bubbles from computer conection. It did not seem dangerous and air loss was minimal, so I finished the dive trip (6 more dives), and replaced the o ring when I returned home.

Regards,
Mike

I also seldom hear the beeps, with or without a hood. Sometimes I hear it when it beeps due to air supply getting low. But at that time I'm usually on my safety stop and looking at it, so I notice it. I can hear it fine on the surface though.

Back
Top Bottom