Suunto Cobra and QR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met a couple diving in Bonaire who had nothing but problems with their Cobra QR. I own a Cobra and they HIGHLY advised me not to get the QR-they both had constant stream of bubbles coming from the connection. But it sounds like they might be a little tricky to set up-correct??? that might have been their problem.

I've had my QC for some 20 dives. No problems!

However, the two small rubber thingis to cover the ends when the computer is disconnected are giving my some pains.
As in the instructions I attached them with a piece of string. The next thing that happens is that the strings tear out of the hole in the soft rubber. Whicht of course ment that I immidiately lost one of the thingies.

I tried to order new ones, but so far thay are not in stock as spare parts. Accoring to the diveshop Suunto have problems keeping up with the demand on the Cobras and the QCs. So I'll have to wait :rolleyes:

DSAO

Got my PC interface from DiveINN this morning along with a 7mm farmer john and jacket for what I thought was a steal. First time I dealt with DiveINN... or any overseas store for that matter. They run a pretty tight shop in my opinion.

Haven't transferred any data from my Cobra... but I did bring it to work... just in case it was "slow".

Thanks for everyone's posts about the QR. It is another point of failure, but it was acknowledged going in and kept under a watchful eye. As for the rubber "covers", I haven't figured out what I'm going to do to keep from losing them... probably won't go with a string simply because it sort of defeats the purpose when they are disconnected. Maybe something like a keyrings and a small carabiner (sp?) to keep them together when not in use. They do seem like a pain to replace. Thanks for the heads up!

A wet suit is one thing I would not buy online. I have a hard enough time getting one to fit, especialy a 7 mil.
Mike

Yea, fit is important. Luckily I have a few other wetsuits from the same manufacturer. So I was banking on the same cut per size. First thing I did was break the wetsuit out and try it on... luckily it fits pretty well.

Tried out the computer software too... SWWWEEET!!!

Back
Top Bottom