Survey (please help me for my college class!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a difference. You actually know how many dives you've logged. If you haven't logged them all, you don't.

The reason for asking "logged" is the same as you described. I wanted a number to compare that could be seen and not just estimated. :)

laurz:
The reason for asking "logged" is the same as you described. I wanted a number to compare that could be seen and not just estimated. :)

Usually over estimated.

Done - hope it helps!

I had a problem with the survey because as it relates to my personal experiences, you are talking about two very different kinds of shops in one survey, and my respones are somewhat bipolar for that reason.

Type One: This is the shop I use with great frequency where I live. Since I don't live near a popular dive site, it is not possible for me to use it for many of the items on your list, and they don't pretend to provide those services. I am looking for something very different in that shop than in the other type.

Type Two: This is a shop I will use when I am going to a dive area on vacation or other kind of trip. It is located nowhere near my home, and I may only visit it one time in my lifetime, even if I truly love it. Many of the items on your survey relate to such a shop and experience, but not to the shop I use near my home.

I had to do a survey for a business class also. How many responses are you wanting before you crunch the numbers?

I think it may have been better to ask an estimated number of dives logged (1-10, 10-20, etc), but you would have to go up in the hundreds for some of the SB members.

The locations near me are not IN Houston at all, but the surrounding area. I listed them all as Houston Area.

Hope it doesn't skew your data.

I had a problem with the survey because as it relates to my personal experiences, you are talking about two very different kinds of shops in one survey, and my respones are somewhat bipolar for that reason.

Type One: This is the shop I use with great frequency where I live. Since I don't live near a popular dive site, it is not possible for me to use it for many of the items on your list, and they don't pretend to provide those services. I am looking for something very different in that shop than in the other type.

Type Two: This is a shop I will use when I am going to a dive area on vacation or other kind of trip. It is located nowhere near my home, and I may only visit it one time in my lifetime, even if I truly love it. Many of the items on your survey relate to such a shop and experience, but not to the shop I use near my home.

If you want to expand more on what you're saying, please PM me. :)

Back
Top Bottom