Surface (TV Show)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C'mon, the only glaringly obvious error was the fishermen off the coast of Belize speaking Spanish!!!

Robert Phillips:
C'mon, the only glaringly obvious error was the fishermen off the coast of Belize speaking Spanish!!!

You caught that one, too. I just wonder who is putting this thing together. They don't seem to do much in the way of research.

It's entertainment. Not a documentary.

Maybe divers should never watch anything to do with diving. Clearly, Hollywood is always going to dissapoint.

PhotoTJ:
It's entertainment. Not a documentary.

Maybe divers should never watch anything to do with diving. Clearly, Hollywood is always going to dissapoint.

PhotoTJ- There should be some responsibility on the part of producers and networks to ensure some reasonable standards in the depiction of an activity that people might be induced to try by viewing the show. I'd hate to think that someone watching it would grab a few brewskies and go down to 200+ ft without getting certified.

I enjoy entertainment, but think it should have some basis in reality under such circumstances. Fantasies fall under a different set of criteria.

Just my 2 psi.

It's entertainment - sci fi fantasy - better than most of the cr-- on Tv these days. You can't expect hollywood to depict diving as it really is.
I dont care what anyone says - I've watched all 4 episodes - can't wait for the next one. at least it is not another reality show.

Ok. Did anyone catch the fact that the first episode had his brother going down into the abyss and on the last one he dropped his anchor in the same place? Thats going to be a looonnnggg pull to get it up.

Did anyone catch the fact that the drawing pictures from dreams and visions, the wife leaving the husband because he's crazy thing has already been done? And, it was done well the first time. This one was just hokey.

Pretty lame show. I'll be watching old episodes of Northern Exposure on a local channel from now on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom