Surface (TV Show)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, but if you look closely on the diver's (the one who was pulled away by the creature) wing, you should see a Halcyon logo. :D

I still think it was pretty hokey at best. Misinformation, those divers were sculling their hands enough to create a vortex.....

This show was a "teaser".

They showed you just enough to make you want to come back next week to see what the creature is....

They spent just enough time with each group of characters to introduce them and how they 'met' the "creature".

I wonder how much more diving will be involved?

I caught a little bit of it toward the middle and end. Better catch it while you can...I'm not anticipating a real long life for this one. I noticed all the same things you guys did (219 feet on a single tank, and it sure didn't look like either Nitrox or Trimix -- yeah, right). I was really hoping there would be considerable diving in this show -- silly me. :icon_roll

Have to start a letter-writing campaign to the networks to start rerunning a REAL diving show -- Sea Hunt! :)

The portrayal of the spearfishemen was pretty right on the mark from what Ive seen here :D

I'm wondering if this is the same "SCUBA show" that some producer mentioned on ScubaBoard earlier this year. At the time I said it sounded like the typical network TV bull****. It seems to have been (didn't keep my full attention as I watched it while editing the weekend's footage).

219 ft on a single tank. No problem. One of my buddies did just that two weeks ago. Of course I didn't go with him and the dive scared the hell out of him (extreme narcosis).

I could get "into" the female marine biologist if she weren't married with children.

I'll probably "watch" it again next week, but while I'm editing next weekend's video footage.

We really deserve and need a GOOD show about diving (other than mine which only plays on Catalina Cable TV).

WaterDawg:
The portrayal of the spearfishemen was pretty right on the mark from what Ive seen here :D

Yea, they nailed the spearfisherman pretty good; as did the boat captain. And since I'm only 3 weeks into the joy of HD and it's one of the only HD channels I get... i'm hooked [but of course, when you use the captain's clock while you watch the show, it's even better] :wink:

bill, she's single. she worked as a waitress 4 nights a week to put herself through her doctorate! i wish i had a waitressing job that paid that well! yeah, it was trash. we had fun pulling it apart! don't think i'll watch it again.

BabyDuck:
she worked as a waitress 4 nights a week to put herself through her doctorate! i wish i had a waitressing job that paid that well!

FWIW, my ex worked her way through [well, the last 5 of a 10 year plan] Marine Bio PhD working at Kohl's. A lot of programs have funding that covers your tuition and pays you a stipend.

Back
Top Bottom