Supermacro with S95 and Stacked Inon UCL-165

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys!

Use the Dyron M67 Adapter and a Nano focuslight with DYI mount for better autofocus, see pics. My flash is too strong so it's diffused.

Dyron adapter could be sanded down a couple of mm so the lens gets closer to the port, this is not really necessary though. Will get some RAW pics today without zoom to show the black corners and vignetting.

Basic settings:
AF Frame: Center
AF Frame Size: Small (for better autofocus)
Digital zoom: Off
AF-Point Zoom: On (Half press shutter, look at screen, rock back and forth for focus.)
Servo AF: Off
AF-assist Beam: Off
MF-Point Zoom: On
Safety MF: Off
Flash: minimum
IS Mode: Shoot only

Pic Settings
ISO: 80
AWB
Brightness: Evaluative
Shutter speed 500-1000
F8.0 (For best DOF)

Attachments

• 100_2357.JPG
    100_2357.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_2360.JPG
    100_2360.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 189
Snoopy > If you have a canon lens, you need to get an adapter first then the lens itself. There are two types of adapters - a bayonet/snap on type, and screw type. I think for the S95 housing only a bayonet type adapter works where you snap an adapter onto the housing and the lens snaps into the bayonet adapter > UWdigitalcamera.com :: Conversion lens :: INON 28LD

If you're interested send an email to Yuzo Kanda and he'll help you out, great guy.

Thank you for the leads.

Will see how crazy I can go with the basic setup before adding more gears. I recalled having a 2nd hand flexible arm that I bought years ago and never used. Perhaps time to look for a suitable strobe to fit it.

More later....

@Carl-Johan

I have an arm that looks very similar to yours. Bought from a buddy who was giving up the hobby years ago. Mind telling what brand and model this is ? What kind of stuff I can fit onto it.

Thanks

@Carl-Johan

I have an arm that looks very similar to yours. Bought from a buddy who was giving up the hobby years ago. Mind telling what brand and model this is ? What kind of stuff I can fit onto it.

Thanks

It's the arm that came with the Sealife flashes, basically rubber covered Loc-line tubing. Got 2 but currently only using one so i borrowed some sections from the other to make it longer. They support lighter flashes and can be moved around pretty good but they do have some liabilities. For example when setting the flash close to the port, they just don't move enough.

You can get adapters for 3/4 inch Loc-Line that fits most flashes, for example YS-mount.

Below is todays best from the BBC Divesite in Panglao/Philippines.

Attachments

• IMG_2492-1.jpg
    IMG_2492-1.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 370
Amazing pics !

So you are not firing the strobe for these pics? Or are you?

Thx....M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom