Supermacro with S95 and Stacked Inon UCL-165

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorgy, I have an ikelite housing, S-90, and the Inon macro lenses. They work great. For supermacro, just screw the two lenses together and attach to the housing.

I'm so jelous! May is lots better than Jan for Nudis, after the storm season it takes some time for them to regrow. Still we had like 30 that was new to me.

In Anilao we stayed at Oscellaris Club, they have mostly photographers as guests. Think they are pretty much booked up for May though, some scientists looking for new Nudi species booked the whole resort. A bit pricey (for me) but 4 dives a day with accomodation and food for 145 USD is not bad. We checked lots of other resorts as well and it seems like Anilao is pricier than other places in the Philippines. At least compared to Panglao in Bohol and Dumaguete/Dauin in Negros, my other 2 favo places for Macro.

In Panglao/Alona Beach can really recommend Genesis Divers. We stayed at Peters House which is ridiculously cheap. They also got probably the best guides on the beach (Junior and Noel), often few divers per guide, no curfew for divetime and caring for photographers that are lots slower than other divers.

In Dumaguete/Dauin we stayed at Kookoos Nest not far from Zamboangita. Basically it was me diving alone with either Nikki or Jamie, the both owners. For me Dauin is actually better than Anilao, but it all depends on what you like to see.

Carl thanks for the info. very kind of you.

I tried ocellaris and they said they were fully booked by the scientists for all of may. Anywhere else nice to stay in Anilao?

Im also diving in Cebu and hoping to Dive Alona Beach. I was thinking of staying at Bohol Beach Club as I read they have a great house reef. Have you been there?
Ill look into Peters House and Genesis divers.

I like to see macro & corals.

Carl thanks for the info. very kind of you.

I tried ocellaris and they said they were fully booked by the scientists for all of may. Anywhere else nice to stay in Anilao?

Im also diving in Cebu and hoping to Dive Alona Beach. I was thinking of staying at Bohol Beach Club as I read they have a great house reef. Have you been there?
Ill look into Peters House and Genesis divers.

I like to see macro & corals.

Only stayed at Oscellaris so no idea where to stay in Anilao.

Bohol Beach Club looks too posh for me but their divesite (BBC) is very good. Did 9 dives there as it's one of the places everybody in Panglao goes to. Its a small wall/slope with a shallow sandy area on top that is very productive.

This year we had: Pygme Seahorse, 5 kinds of Pipefishes, Nudis (esp nice Flabellina, Nembrotha and Chromodoris sp), Sea Moths, Spiny Devilfish, huge Stonefish, Flounders, Black Ribboneel, Commensal Shrimps n Crabs.

Would really like to do a nightdive there too but so far no op. Did one at Alona Beach that was very cool, 2 hrs 45 mins with deepest depth 1.5 meters. Took pics of a Conger Eel in 50 cm (1.5 ft) of water when a huge Banded Sea Krait swam under me. Glad i was not wearing any wetsuit because it would have turned brown in certain areas...

hahahahaha....

Thats great info...making notes...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom