Super Bowl ad for scuba diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i don't know about jaded just more and better entertainment options

I hope you don't think the Kim Kardashian commercial was "better entertainment." I nearly puked when I saw her on the big screen at the bar.

Wasn't there a SCUBA diver in the Carnival Cruise commercial?

As for making a SCUBA commercial that is entertaining, how about a couple doing their 100th dive together... naked (got to titillate both genders at the same time)

I could see it.. a small puppy confined to a small section of the barn, surrounded by huge, flatulent clydesdales. He digs and burrows into a small pile of loose straw , only to emerge with a mask and small pony bottle. He paces for a few moments (with deep sea diver sounds) as he plans his escape from the inhospitable environment. Finally he dashed out from the barn, leaping over several steaming piles of horse sheeet, runs for a second or two and leaps into a cool, clear pond and quickly submerges only to be faced with a large snapping turtle (who is releasing a trickle of "back gas" bubbles as well). He turns his back to the camera, doggy paddles away .. leaving his own trail of greenhouse gases..

Hey if they can show "dead children in a commercial" .. it might work.

I would agree I would like to see padi/SSI/Naui spend some money to promote new divers. You could run on the travel channel and 3rd tier programming it would not be that much money.

I hope you don't think the Kim Kardashian commercial was "better entertainment." I nearly puked when I saw her on the big screen at the bar.

missed that thank god. No I was thinking more of the game itself as better than watching someone diving.

I would agree I would like to see padi/SSI/Naui spend some money to promote new divers. You could run on the travel channel and 3rd tier programming it would not be that much money.

Doesn't make sense for any agency to do TV in the grand scheme of things. The ROI just isn't there, given the real-world inability to control what shop a potential diver goes to after seeing an ad.

I think there were some sharks at halftime. :wink:

Yep, Carnival did include a diving clip.

Roy, you have a point in that advertising needs to drive people to places they'll enjoy and want to return to. It's the old egg or chicken conumdrum again; someone has to get things going. The scuba biz has never grown past the (infant) start-up/hobbyist model.

Last edited:
Don't forget the halftime Sharks.

unless you are a participant scuba diving is like watching paint dry so I doubt if there is anything you could depict in a commercial that would spice it up.

I could be wrong though it's not like drinking beer is that exciting either and look at what Bud has done.

Hmmmmm. this would certainly do it for me. . .

deep 3.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom