Sunscape Sabor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't consider myself a foodie, but I've gone hungry at several AIs throughout the Caribbean bc the food was poor quality
Turquoise at Roatan was one place like that - food was bad enough even I didn’t like it. 🙁

Over a decade ago we stayed at Cobalt Coast in Grand Cayman. On the first night we would have a choice between mediocre steak or grilled chicken.The next night you could get a Caesar salad with steak or chicken. Third night steak or chicken wraps. Rinse and repeat. While I commend an establishment repurposing their food and not being wasteful, it was flavorless and bland. We have never stayed at an AI since then. It has changed owners since then, hopefully it has improved. I am not a foodie as in seeking our Michelin star rated places, I enjoy tasty, fresh food from hole in the wall places.

Turquoise at Roatan was one place like that - food was bad enough even I didn’t like it. 🙁

Over a decade ago we stayed at Cobalt Coast in Grand Cayman. On the first night we would have a choice between mediocre steak or grilled chicken.The next night you could get a Caesar salad with steak or chicken. Third night steak or chicken wraps. Rinse and repeat. While I commend an establishment repurposing their food and not being wasteful, it was flavorless and bland. We have never stayed at an AI since then. It has changed owners since then, hopefully it has improved. I am not a foodie as in seeking our Michelin star rated places, I enjoy tasty, fresh food from hole in the wall places.
Funny thing, I had more than acceptable food at Turquoise Bay in 2017 and from Cobalt Coast in 2007 and 2008. Cobalt Coast is gone.

Do you know if it's $5 per person or just $5 to allow the boat to dock to pick up divers?

Gotta say, I think it's ridiculous to charge a pier fee. All we'll do is walk to and from the boat, once a day. Other folks may be hanging around on the dock all day long, but we have to pay for this at an AI? I know. I know. I'm preaching to the choir.
Gotta say...if you pay this pier fee, you are contributing to the delinquency of the Cozumel dive community.

Gotta say...if you pay this pier fee, you are contributing to the delinquency of the Cozumel dive community.
I'm not sure what you mean. In what way is the Cozumel dive community being delinquent?

The docking charge is being assessed by the owner of the pier, and you have the choice of whether to use it or not. There are ways around it, i.e., a beach pick up or cabbing it to the marina, but if you want to be picked up from their pier I don't see where you or the dive op have a choice but to pay the fee.

Looks like you figured it out.
I'm not understanding your point either. How does paying the fee contribute to the delinquency of the Cozumel dive community? Or maybe the disconnect is that I don't understand what you mean by 'contributing to the delinquency of the Cozumel dive community'?

Looks like you figured it out.
Figured what out? I do not see a connection to "the delinquency of the Cozumel dive community" or even what that is supposed to mean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom