Sunnuto Vyper download USB cable incompatible with Windows 10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laptop with Windows 10 x64
Suunto USB driver removed (that's is a FTDI driver, rebadged)
FTDI USB driver, latest (Virtual COM Port Drivers)
Suunto Vyper Air
Suunto Dive Manager 5 (a piece of ..... , only to test the transfer)

working.

Suunto USB driver removed (that's is a FTDI driver, rebadged)

DuboisP, Thanks, stupid question. How did you remove the driver? It is hard to tell which it is when the computer crashed everytime I plug the cable in. I agree DM5 is j...k.

........ I couldn't find the list of compatible smartphones .....
All iPhones models from 4S and up
All Android phones from 4.4 and up

To everyone who has posted -- A BIG THANK YOU. Lots of ideas. So far the only one that has worked has been to use DM5 on my husband's Win7 machine and transfer the data. This leaves out the runtime everywhere except on the profile.

I have not yet tried the OTG cable and using DiveMate - I'm off to Frys to get one today.

I have not yet tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. I will try that as soon as I figure out how. I could uninstall DM and reinstall, but I'm not sure that will remove the drivers and will probably lose DM3 forever. Maybe I'll go back to Diving Log 5.0 or even upgrade to 6.0.

DuboisP, Thanks, stupid question. How did you remove the driver? It is hard to tell which it is when the computer crashed everytime I plug the cable in. I agree DM5 is j...k.
Control Panel -> Programs and Functionnalities

Try the following:

• Grab the driver DuboisP linked above.
  • Unzip to a folder on your desktop
  • Make sure SDM is uninstalled
  • Reboot
  • Plug in USB cable
  • If you get the "new device found" dialog:
  • Point it to the folder on your desktop
  • Hopefully driver installs and computer doesn't crash
  • Install alternative software such as subsurface or diving log
  • Attempt to download profiles

If the above works, you could then try installing SDM, but it might overwrite the working driver. If it does, suunto may be interested in knowing their drivers are crashing customer pc's.

Got the OTG cable and DiveMate. Downloads like a charm. Now I'm trying to synchronize my logbooks (DM3 and DivingLog 5.0) via Dropbox. Most of my dives on the PC aren't transferring to the phone. Not a huge problem.

undrwater - Thanks for the tutorial. Everyone has been a big help.

Got the OTG cable and DiveMate. Downloads like a charm. Now I'm trying to synchronize my logbooks (DM3 and DivingLog 5.0) via Dropbox. Most of my dives on the PC aren't transferring to the phone. Not a huge problem.

The import is done in DiveMate on the phone, so I don't know why some dives are not synchronized. You can contact the DiveMate developer, he should be able to find out the reason. Glad to hear that it works via phone!

The import is done in DiveMate on the phone, so I don't know why some dives are not synchronized. You can contact the DiveMate developer, he should be able to find out the reason. Glad to hear that it works via phone!

Turns out I had 2 different logbooks. All synced now. Not sure how I did it, nor if I can repeat it. Now I'm trying to merge all the same divesites I entered with small differences... but that is for a different thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom