Sunnuto Vyper download USB cable incompatible with Windows 10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use your smartphone to download logs from the Vyper :wink:

How? That would be great if I can.

You have a product for that. I would prefer to use the products I already have already bought. I couldn't find the list of compatible smartphones - granted I didn't look too hard.

Well, if you have an Android phone and a USB otg cable, there is a free for trial app that will download dives from your suunto dc. The problem still might be that cable.

Another way to attempt to troubleshoot might be to download and install subsurface and see if you have similar issues. If you do, chances are it's the cable.

Well, if you have an Android phone and a USB otg cable, there is a free for trial app that will download dives from your suunto dc. The problem still might be that cable.

Another way to attempt to troubleshoot might be to download and install subsurface and see if you have similar issues. If you do, chances are it's the cable.

undrwater, thanks, what is an "otg" cable and what is the app - I looked and didn't find it. The cables (2 of them) work on the older computers in the house, but neither on my regular computer. Really don't think it is the cables. Drivers maybe, but not the cables.

and I do have an Android phone. Being able to download to the phone would be nice.

You can try to download with Diving Log 6.0 to see if that works. Try also to install Suunto DM before connecting the cable. It contains the necessary drivers, so you may have to install it even if you want to use a 3rd party software.

Thanks, I have installed the drivers before plugging in the cable. Everytime I plug in the cable, 5 seconds later the computer BLUE SCREENS. It will only restart properly when the cable in removed. Something about a suunto cable (I have 2) freaks out my computer. It did not before.

I like Diving Log 5.0, haven't tried 6.0

Back
Top Bottom