Sunday morning dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to be able to get back to Vet's by 2pm....and will probably need to drop Stephen off at Vet's a bit before noon. So that give me a two hour window to make a dive and get back. I'm fine with where ever, as long as it's fairly close...

I see that high tide is around 9:30 on Sunday, and there will be a 5+ foot exchange between high and low. With that large of an exchange, Marineland is probably not the place to go. With the rain and such, and with Malaga being so shallow, I don't know if it'll have decent visibility either...

But name a place and a time, and I'll see if I can join. If anyone would want to do a dive at Vet's at noon, I'd be up for that too (I need to scope out what there is to see in the 50 foot range if possible....got some new divers going out with us at 2pm and they don't want to go deeper than 50').

I could be up for noon @ Vets. Lemme know whatcha decide to do. Heck I might even be up for a shallow 2pm tagalong with your new peeps if ya want :)

Posted via Mobile Device

I'd be game for anything...besides vets.... I need to take some pics...gots the itch :wink: Sorry Nick...not meaning to dis Vets...just want some structure to have fun with :)

Greg

I used to be negative on diving Vets during the day as not much to see. But I've been changing my mind recently after seeing photos from people like Scott Geitler and Beach Crab's own Erika. I thought the photo of Erika's below from Nov 5 was a great shot.

Erika's 11/5 vets photos

PICT00699.jpg

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/beach-crabs/260874-photos-11-15-vets-park.html

I used to be negative on diving Vets during the day as not much to see. But I've been changing my mind recently after seeing photos from people like Scott Geitler and Beach Crab's own Erika. I thought the photo of Erika's below from Nov 5 was a great shot.

Erika's 11/5 vets photos

PICT00699.jpg

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/beach-crabs/260874-photos-11-15-vets-park.html

I don't mind vets.... the issue I have is that out of my 10 beach dives over the last few months.....6 have been at vets. For a day dive, I'd just prefer something new :) I was bummed that we didn't get to do Whites Pt. a couple weeks back because of the sewage :(

Yeah too bad ya couldn't make White last weekend, sure made up for the school of turd-fish the week before :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah too bad ya couldn't make White last weekend, sure made up for the school of turd-fish the week before :)

Posted via Mobile Device

I know...:depressed: Erikas pics looked awesome!!! Frikken work...:shakehead:

I could be up for noon @ Vets. Lemme know whatcha decide to do. Heck I might even be up for a shallow 2pm tagalong with your new peeps if ya want :)

Posted via Mobile Device

That would work for me....meet at noon near the center stairs?

If anyone else is interested, we'd love to have you join! Hopefully we can go somewhere with some more structure and interesting things next weekend! :D

I see that high tide is around 9:30 on Sunday, and there will be a 5+ foot exchange between high and low. With that large of an exchange, Marineland is probably not the place to go. With the rain and such, and with Malaga being so shallow, I don't know if it'll have decent visibility either...

Good points on Marineland and Malaga. Unfortunately I can't make the Sunday dive because of work, but you might want to scope out Christmas Tree Cove. Its usually has the best visibility on the peninsula and lots and lots of life. The trail "if you can even call it that" is pretty treacherous on the way down, but take your time and you'll be fine. Entry just off the bottom of the trail is easiest and a surface swim over to the far point before descending is best. If you need directions let me know "Christmas Tree is just south from Honeymoon Cove and just north of Neptune's".

Alright, my new divers cancelled on us (go figure....don't think the wife actually likes diving, but that's a whole different story), so my morning/afternoon is a bit more flexible. Stephen still needs to be at Vet's at noon, but now he can take his time and not worry about being out of the water by 2pm. I'm down for diving Vet's or elsewhere....let me know what you all are planning to do and I'll see if I can join.

Please post a vis report afterwards. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom