Sunday May 4th, Oil Rig Dive!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the "Is it Sunday Yet?" !!

I'm so looking forwards to this trip. Be nice to see everyone again !!

-Nick

I "THIRD" the "Is it Sunday Yet?" !!!!!!

Looking forward diving with the best in the west and at a new experience (rig dive)!!! Yahoo

There is 2 more spots opened up. Wow, this is getting wild.

Anyone wanting to go, here is your chance.

Rick

Rick if there is one spot left I have a guy that wants to go...

Btw, Rick, what payment methods are workable? Cash or check ? Credit card? (guessing the first pair)

I'm assuming no Nitrox on board, air only? I'll bring a 32% tank for my first dive, but I guess it's all air after that...

Correct on both. Payment is cash, since I can't take credit cards.
And if you want Nitrox, you will have to bring it in your first tank.

Rick if there is one spot left I have a guy that wants to go...

Yes, he can go! The boat is now full. Thanks, Jeff

Rick

Except for me! WOOHOO! I'm going too. THANKS Rick for squeezing me in! :D

Edit: Wow, I just went back and read this thread...this is going to be an awesome day. It'll be great to see some of you again - Billy, Kalani, it's been AGES! And to meet some new faces, and put some faces to the names I've seen in here so many times and never got to meet before...cool!

I too am buddy-less, so hopefully someone will want to go with me. I have to mention tho that it's been months since I've been underwater so I may be a bit rusty on the first dive.

Is it Sunday yet??? :D

Sunday is almost here!:D

As a last minute reminder, I would like to list a few things, for this trip.

Please bring your I.D. Going to the rigs requires it.

Be there early. 6:00am to 6:30am. We have to record I.D.s and fill out the forms before leaving the dock. The boat leaves at 7:00am sharp.

If you are taking scallops, have a Fish and Game License in possession.

Make sure you figure your dive profiles out. Deepest first!

There is a good sized refrigerator, so any special diet items, or after dive beverages, can be stored in this.

This is a charter. I will collect cash for the trip at the dock (I have no way to charge a credit card).

Thank you,
Rick

---------------------------------------------------
The Sunfish has relocated back at it's home on Harbor Blvd.

Here are the directions from The Sunfish's Site:

Address: The Sunfish
Channel Islands Harbor
3600 S. Harbor Blvd., #219
Oxnard, CA 93035

Behind the Marine Emporium

Directions:
From the South

Exit The 101 freeway at Victoria, proceed south on Victoria, at Channel Islands Blvd, turn right.

As soon as you cross over peninsula street and go over the bridge , turn left on South Harbor Blvd

Proceed south to the Marine Emporium @ 3600 Harbor Blvd.(big blue building on the left). There is construction going on next door to it.

The Sunfish is behind the building.

Free parking is located in front parking area (the big lot) by the street.

From the North

Exit the 101 freeway at Victoria, south on Victoria.

Take Victoria to Channel Islands Blvd. Turn right.

As soon as you cross over Peninsula street and go over the bridge , turn left at light on South Harbor Blvd.

Proceed south to the Marine Emporium @ 3600 Harbor Blvd (big blue building on the left). There is construction going on next door to it.

The Sunfish is behind the building.

Free parking is located in front parking area (the big lot) by the street

This is going to be a blast

Had a good time today even though viz was not all that good that it could have been. It was a diffrent experience. Reminded me of diving in washington. Thanks Nick for being a good dive buddy and for the tank. sorry your reg started to free flow on the last dive. Had nice time on the boat with ya all.

Damn, you beat me to the first post-dive post! LOL Had a fabulous time, even though I ONLY GOT TO DO ONE DIVE!!! (My own fault - equipment failure - more on that later for anyone who's interested.) Major thanks to my buddy Yurval (I'm sorry, I probably trashed the spelling of your name) for not making me feel like crap after I had to thumb the first dive, and for sticking with me for the second dive. That was a true leap of faith! :D Third dive...well, it wasn't really a dive, it was more a plunge into total blackness for seven minutes before giving up. Even tho I only got one real dive, it was still a great day, due to the company! You guys are fun. A little crazy, but fun. :wink:

About to cook up my scallops...yum! I hope everyone else enjoys theirs too! Let's hear how y'all cooked yours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom