Sunday, June 7th, Captain Ty and The Mexican Pride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I think it is about time we do the pride again :cool2: So, Sunday, June 7th, we will head out with Captain Ty to dive The Mexican Pride.:yeahbaby: Captain Ty's Boat is located @ LightHouse Point Marina Home When you arrive at the marina, go to your left and around to the back. Drop your gear then go park. We will do a couble dip on the pride then a third dive on the way back in in much shallower water. Meet time is 6:30 a.m and in Ty's words we will "giddyup shortly thereafter". :)

A lil info for those that don't know; The 200 foot long Mexican Pride rests upright and broken in half in 130 feet of water, 35 miles out of St Petersburg. With that, please note, his is an advanced dive and as such you must be an advanced diver. for more info and pics go to Mike's site (Aue_Mike): Florida Shipwrecks

The fine print :winky: The cost is $110 and a deposit of 50% is due two weeks prior to the date of the dive. Cancellations made less than 48hrs prior could be subject to a cancellation fee if we can't fill your spot. Otherwise the captain doesn't make his money for the day - so we want to be fair.

Also if ya want to save some cash; hit up Divers Supply @ 4349 Gunn Hwy. They'll rent ya tanks for this trip @ $4 for air and $8 for nitrox :D

Attendees:
JohnnyBravo - BeanBag :)
EdJackson
MrsEdJackson
Scott5644
Scuba&SkyPaul
Skuba_Girl/Susie

A couple of pics from the last trip there (EANDiver and JohnnyBravo):

7050104a.jpg

c0fc301f.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in for a bean bag reservation as well for this one MissD!!!

-J.-

Pic was taken by DLDiver in this case...

Attachments

• morepride.jpg
    morepride.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 255
Put me down as a maybe. I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks, based on my schedule.

MissD,

When you say 'advanced' are you basing that on just depth or other conditions/equipment as well?

Just wondering what type of dive plan are we talking about?

Looks like EANDiver had doubles and (guessing) a deco tank, would they be appropriate/necessary or just optional?

Thanks
-Brian

Hey McG Eandiver did have his doubles setup but everyone else had single AL 80s so don't worry (he's a cave diving guru that's why)...it is and advanced dive because it's 3 hours out on the gulf and it's deep...

Cheers.

-J.-

Thanks JB. The depth doesn't bother me.

3 hours out, eh... Does that explain the 'bean bag' reservation?

MissD,

When you say 'advanced' are you basing that on just depth or other conditions/equipment as well?

Just wondering what type of dive plan are we talking about?

Looks like EANDiver had doubles and (guessing) a deco tank, would they be appropriate/necessary or just optional?

Thanks
-Brian

It was a 3 tank trip and I only have 2 AL 80's and they are configured as stages ( my AL 40 is my deco bottle). My doubles are HP 100's so doing the first and second dive breathing on the decent and ascent from the AL 80 pretty much uses it up freeing up my back gas (doubles) for bottom time and the third more shallow dive.

It's considered an advanced dive due to the distance from shore (35 miles), the depths (100' to the deck, 125' to the bottom) and the fact that it is a wreck. The word 'advanced" simply means you should have an advanced certification from NAUI, PADI, SSI, ect .....

A single AL 80 is fine for the dive as everyone on the the trip save me was using them.

I just realized, this is the same day as the Spanish Rocks reef cleanup. As much as I'm wanting to dive the mexican pride, I'm comitted to the reef cleanup, therefore, I withdraw my name. I guess the pride will have to wait for another day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom