One spot open for the Mexican Pride - Dec 1 - out of St Petersburg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are headed to the Mexican Pride on Dec. 1 and have had one spot come available. If you are interested, stop by here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gr...xican-pride-december-1-captain-ty-s-boat.html

Note, you must be an advanced diver as this is an advanced dive. Here is some info on the Pride from the
A S S O C I A T I O N OF U N D E R W A T E R E X P L O R E R S webpage.
The Pride is a large barge, approximately 200' in length. The Pride was a a bulk product barge (e.g., coal, phosphate) that was beyond repair, towed offshore and sunk probably in the 1970s. The hole in the port bow reveals where the fatal charge was set. However, the old barge refused to sink where she was intended and drifted off. Temporarily lost, Capt. Charlie Clymer, a local fishing captain, happened upon a good fishing spot and managed to pull up a piece of railing with his anchor. Curious, Capt. Clymer recruited a few local divers to check out the spot who confirmed the presence of the Mexican Pride.

She rests upright in 130' of water, though her upper deck is reached at 100'. Home to a wide variety of marine life, her distance from shore (~35 miles off St. Petersburg) usually supplies clear, clean water.

and currently NOAA is calling for 5 to 10 kt winds with 2' to 3' seas. Water temps should be in the low 70's.

I'll edit this daily as NOAA's forecasts change minute to minute. :)

Hello????? Now someone has got to want to do the Pride. :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom