Sunday, February 8th, 2009 Sheridan Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:confused: why does it say beanbag next to my name on the first post?? Should I be afraid?

Capt. Ty has two bean-bags that are super comfy to lounge in. When I switched boats and put you in my spot on Ty's boat - you got the BeanBag that was mine. You can send me a check later :wink:

"Hot water down a wetsuit?" Is that anything like peeing?
10xs better!

Think 67F air on an overcast day with a light breeze... 64F water and 1+hour dive in a 3mm wetsuit...

It's one thing to make the deeper dive for more than an hour at 63-64F in a 3mm. It's another thing to get aboard the boat and have no relief between dives to warm the body core on an overcast day at 67F... The hot water down your wetsuit becomes your only friend. In many ways, you feel it is better than sex at the time :wink:

It's the coldest I've ever been (That includes 45 min in the snow in a bathing suit, throwing snow balls... There was no wind and the sun was out then :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
This Florida boy aint gonna be in 64F water with only a 3mil on! That's CRAZY!
I generally stay away from the warm-water-down-the-wetsuit, it tends to make it feel MUCH colder when getting back in.

If this dive isnt cancelled I will try to get a dry suit.

Frankie/heelsfaninpa I have added you to the wait list for this trip.

Bill - I use to think the hot water down the suit wasn't a good idea until I did Isle of Shoal wet w/ the water 48 - that hot water rocked! Brought my temperature back up and made the SI comfortable. Just my 2psi on it.

Frankie/heelsfaninpa: Keep a CLOSE eye on this thread. I do know ScuabAnn is getting a bit of a cold and may have to cancel. Hopefully she will feel better and can make it.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom