Sunday, February 8th, 2009 Sheridan Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a nice mid-handle Riffe I'd loan.... lemme know...

Or.... lemme ask Ty... are these sites in Federal waters? Where its ok to spear on rebreathers....?

I knew that I didn't know much about rebreathers or spearing, but I guess I know less than I thought. You can't spear on a RB? What's the deal, they think it's unfair to the fish that you can stay down that long while you hunt them?

I knew that I didn't know much about rebreathers or spearing, but I guess I know less than I thought. You can't spear on a RB? What's the deal, they think it's unfair to the fish that you can stay down that long while you hunt them?

It has more to do with the no-bubbles.... you can usually get really close.... so I can understand unfair advantage there... It's illegal in Florida waters..., in Federal its ok, I'll have to validate the same for the Gulf...

Lobsters, being so curious, I actually think it's no advantage... I mean, lobsters are either in the hole or not.... and when they hear bubbles, they come out further... it isn't until you touch them that they get spooked....

... it isn't until you touch them that they get spooked....

Or when they see you coming. :D Watching you chase lobsters is usually good for 10 minutes worth of good comedy humor post-dive :rofl3:

Soon there will be blood spilled in the water - I foresee lots of death to fishes :devil:

Soon there will be blood spilled in the water - I foresee lots of death to fishes :devil:

Or a bunch of divesicles created... Anyone not diving dry this weekend is going to freeze!

Updated first post with meet time for those going out with Captain Ty. Will post meet time for Captain Mike's boat as soon as I hear back from him.

Sounds like the hot water hose may have a higher value than the beanbags on this trip!

Note to self: Make sure hot water heater is in good working order - It's too cold to have to walk the plank in me bloomers....

Sounds like the hot water hose may have a higher value than the beanbags on this trip!

Note to self: Make sure hot water heater is in good working order - It's too cold to have to walk the plank in me bloomers....

That is the most wonderful feeling...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom