Sunday Dive (1/30)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips:
I dove Crescent on Sunday and unless the surf picked up from 8:00 to 9:00, you guys were smoking cheeba!
The surf was an easy 2-3' coming in sets of 4 at 8 second intervals with a three minute lull between sets.
You should not smoke cheeba before you dive, it adds to your narcosis!!! :eyebrow:
Robb, Christian's estimate of the 12' waves refers to La Jolla on Saturday.... and although that MAY be a slight exaggeration, it's not by much! Easily 8 feet in the morning and laying down to a mere 6 feet in the afternoon.

Cheeba.... a secret ingredient in chocolate bundt cake!

kelphelper:
Robb, Christian's estimate of the 12' waves refers to La Jolla on Saturday.... and although that MAY be a slight exaggeration, it's not by much! Easily 8 feet in the morning and laying down to a mere 6 feet in the afternoon.

Cheeba.... a secret ingredient in chocolate bundt cake!
I got the distinction. I was refering to Kevins post regarding the waves at Crescent. I talked to him before I got in the water that morning, so I was a little confused as to the surf he was reffering to.

I want some of your bundt cake!

Robert Phillips:
I want some of your bundt cake!
Sounds like maybe you already did! :D

The waves were definitely smaller in Laguna.

Christian

headhunter:
Sounds like maybe you already did! :D

The waves were definitely smaller in Laguna.

Christian
You're the one with the pony tail, hippie! :wink:

Robert Phillips:
You're the one with the pony tail, hippie! :wink:
Is this where I'm supposed to ask you to dance around the camp fire naked with me and my friends at the commune? Cause it ain't gonna happen! :D

Christian

headhunter:
Is this where I'm supposed to ask you to dance around the camp fire naked with me and my friends at the commune? Cause it ain't gonna happen!
04.gif

Christian
Go ahead, get my hopes up, then dash them thoughtlessly to the ground! And the pony tail offered such promise..... You guys are dangerously fun to know!:eyebrow:

headhunter:
Is this where I'm supposed to ask you to dance around the camp fire naked with me and my friends at the commune? Cause it ain't gonna happen! :D

Christian
It's not that kind of party, guy!

Robert Phillips:
I dove Crescent on Sunday and unless the surf picked up from 8:00 to 9:00, you guys were smoking cheeba!
The surf was an easy 2-3' coming in sets of 4 at 8 second intervals with a three minute lull between sets.
You should not smoke cheeba before you dive, it adds to your narcosis!!! :eyebrow:

First of all Robb, if I was smokin' anything that morning, I certainly would have shared it with you. Yeah, it was 2-3' for the most part when we got out, but not in the middle of the beach as we were exiting in the surf zone. Ron got separated from Mike & I on the swim back in, and being the smartest guy he exited at the north end of the beach where the waves were nil. I followed Mike, who chose the middle (why, I don't know). 2-3' waves, then three big badass waves in a row that were significantly more than 3'. The surf picked up considerably. So quit ruinin' my big fish story here dude. Next time, I'm gonna say the waves were 7-8', but I'll be sure I'm not diving at the same beach you are. That, or I'll pass the cheeba first.
Cheers,
Kevin

scubacalifornia:
First of all Robb, if I was smokin' anything that morning, I certainly would have shared it with you. Yeah, it was 2-3' for the most part when we got out, but not in the middle of the beach as we were exiting in the surf zone. Ron got separated from Mike & I on the swim back in, and being the smartest guy he exited at the north end of the beach where the waves were nil. I followed Mike, who chose the middle (why, I don't know). 2-3' waves, then three big badass waves in a row that were significantly more than 3'. The surf picked up considerably. So quit ruinin' my big fish story here dude. Next time, I'm gonna say the waves were 7-8', but I'll be sure I'm not diving at the same beach you are. That, or I'll pass the cheeba first.
Cheers,
Kevin

Now why would you do a trust me exit? :eyebrow: Friedrich and I made it look easy. A definite Rule #6 demonstration.

Robert Phillips:
Now why would you do a trust me exit? :eyebrow: Friedrich and I made it look easy. A definite Rule #6 demonstration.

Which he didn't learn from me...I want debbie's Bundt Cake!

Back
Top Bottom