Sunday Dive (1/30)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looks like conditions in Laguna are improving. LSS shows 10-15 ft. visibility, and 1-2 ft. surf at Shaw's today. Anyone up for a Laguna dive on Sunday?

The University of Nebraska reverse oscillation swell model predictor is calling for 8ft surf in laguna on Sunday, with 2-4ft visibility.

Jesus, I'm getting scared just looking at this model. That's big surf. Even if you can time the sets, one rogue wave...

I think we should just call Sunday's laguna dive right now.

Hey, some of us need to plan our dives. If you had to drive 1.5 to 2 hours each way, thru traffic, anytime you wanted to dive you'd know what I mean. And the only time I can dive is weekends, so I have to coordinate it in advance with all the other stuff I need to get done on weekends.

And since when is being cautious and diving within your limits a waste of time? Battling 6 ft. surf to get crummy viz ain't always my idea of fun.

Play nice, or I'll tell Emilie.... :D

mccabejc:
Hey, some of us need to plan our dives. If you had to drive 1.5 to 2 hours each way, thru traffic, anytime you wanted to dive you'd know what I mean. And the only time I can dive is weekends, so I have to coordinate it in advance with all the other stuff I need to get done on weekends.

And since when is being cautious and diving within your limits a waste of time? Battling 6 ft. surf to get crummy viz ain't always my idea of fun.

Play nice, or I'll tell Emilie.... :D

I hate driving through traffic, so I totally know what you mean. That's why I try to post vis reports for you after all my dives!

Low vis doesn't bother me, that's when its fun to turn on the bright light. I don't blame you for not wanting to battle 6ft surf though...one day you might want to visit several dive spots in Laguna, and note what kind of protection the cove has.. if one spot has high surf, sometimes another spot is more protected...

but you have to admit... University of Nebraska... that was at least a little funny..

Yeah, big swell is going to blow out any good conditons that were building. I'm starting to talk like Melvin with the 'jeepers!' This is getting a little ridiculous. I have done 4 dives this year. I'm usually at 10-15 by now!

AAARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it must be all my fault.

Before I left on vacation, conditions were horrible. Then they cleared up while I was gone and you all got to dive. Now that I am back and want to dive, guess what, the bad conditions and rain come back...

At this rate I don't think that I will ever get my new gear wet.

Robert Phillips:
Yeah, big swell is going to blow out any good conditons that were building. I'm starting to talk like Melvin with the 'jeepers!' This is getting a little ridiculous. I have done 4 dives this year. I'm usually at 10-15 by now!

I haven't even dived once! Thats it, I am leaving the country to go diving....in about 20 days :)

Robert Phillips:

Ditto. And two of those dives were measured in minutes as in under 12 minutes each. I should have 10-15 dives in by now, at a minimum. :pity_part

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom