Sunday Carter Lake Loveland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I may be able to go diving this Sunday, is anyone interested in going to Carter Lake ? I have no idea what the vis or water temps are, I am sure they are both lower than we would like!

I will be back on 27th to close on a home in Estes Park. Have been to Carter twice but no diving. I would love to the following weekend if available. It looks like a great spot. I stopped in the office and they said there are 3 areas with no wake that are excellent for diving. I found this web site for local Carter lake data, Parks and Open Lands - Carter Lake :dork2:
I find it hard to believe the water temp is 73 degrees.:14:

Keep in touch we could also do a weekday afternoon 4 or 5 or whatever. 73 degrees top two inches!

Keep in touch we could also do a weekday afternoon 4 or 5 or whatever. 73 degrees top two inches!

Ya, I was e-mailing Roger at Sunset Scuba about air fills and he said Surface temps can get up to mid to high 70's in late summer, however the first thermocline is around 15-20 feet and can drop to 65 degrees in an instant. Also in late summer we get what is called an algae bloom where visibility drops to 1-2 feet and it's never better than 15-20 ft. The bottom is very fine silt and if that is disturbed vis drops to zero. :(

not sure if I can go this Sunday, if I can I'll give you a call or send a message. what time where you thinking?

the weather forecast is showing next week and next weekend pretty warm, Tuesday the warmest. I might be able to do tuesday, thursday or next weekend as well... let me know what you think.

I just was out in the area and drove by. The water temp from what I have been able to find out was about 75. Water level looks really low, similar to Jefferson lake last fall.

There was what looked to be a house boat off the south shore with a dive flag. Also quite a few boats too. Where around the lake do you normally dive?

georoc01 , I have dove at the south end. There is an area designated for diving, the vis has never been very good for me but I have only dove their a handful of times. I have not dove Carter for a couple of years now, can only hope it is better.

We will be on the south end sometime around one or shortly after, anyone and everyone welcome. Come see the worlds fastest drysuit removal as my morning coffee comes back to haunt me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom