Suncountry's $75 fee for dive gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will never fly on Sun Country, ever. In my opinion they have no concern for those who fly with them.

Name an airline though that does care.....SW? Thats about it lol.......

Just remember, if they ask - it's not scuba gear - it's fetish gear and you're on your way to a sex convention!

Name an airline though that does care.....SW? Thats about it lol.......

I agree Southwest does work hard to honor their passengers. But Sun Country..... I just won't ever trust them. IMHO, they are the other extreme from Southwest... American looks great compared to Sun Country...

Just remember, if they ask - it's not scuba gear - it's fetish gear and you're on your way to a sex convention!

I dont think they can ask whats in a bag at the ticket counter. Only TSA/Cops can ask. Not 100%, but I am kinda sorta sure on it.

how do they know you have dive gear in your luggage? is it an honor system thing, or do they ask everyone going to a 'dive destination' at check-in? x-ray bags at check-in?

...how is it enforced?

As far as I know, only TSA has the right to ask/see what is in your bags. So pretty much an honor system.....

I use plain black suitcase for my dive gear and check it as a normal bag.

For whatever it's worth, I've flown from DFW to Cozumel on Sun Country three times, the last time last July, I've taken my Scuba Gear with me each time, packed in a large dive bag, and I've never been asked what was in the bag or charged the $75 fee when checking the bag. Unless this $75 fee is something new this year, or Sun Country just now started enforcing the policy, I wouldn't worry about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom