Sun Country Summer Fare Sale to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DjDiverDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The email just popped up - Sun Country is having a 20% off sale on airfares from DFW into Cozumel. Must book by May 14, book through Sun Country website, travel June, July or August, use code SCADFW20 at checkout to get 20% off airfare.

For those of you unfamiliar with Sun Country, it ONLY flies from DFW direct to Cozumel during the summer months (flights from Minneapolis/St. Paul year round, but that doesn't do me any good), and it ONLY flies into/out of Cozumel on certain days - Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (I think, I didn't check it). Just checked on a July 20-27 trip (Thursday to Thursday), and before the discount RT Coach was about $475, so 20% off should get you about $380, which compares favorably to Southwest from Dallas Love to Cancun. Upside to Sun Country - it's a direct flight, so no layovers, no delays, and no bag drag from Cancun. Downsides - they are late flights - you don't get into Cozumel until about 6:00 pm - and Sun Country charges baggage fees for every bag. Upside to Southwest - more flights to choose from, more flexible schedule, no baggage fees for 2 checked bags. Downsides - no direct flights, so you deal with layovers and the bag drag. If you're planning a summer trip to Coz out of or thru DFW, you might want to check this out.

I don't know about Sun Country, but Southwest ONLY books through its own website, so fares will NOT show up if you only search ATA Matrix, Expedia, etc. - one more website to check on your search.

Thanks for the heads up. They do show up in Matrix, just can't book from there. From Dallas Southwest does not fly direct and does not fly direct to Cancun, the layover is usually Houston. I have flown Sun Country a couple times to Cozumel without issues.
I went to Sun Country's site. In July a 7 day trip departing on Monday gets you in Cozumel at 12:45 and list at $475. After putting the code you listed in the price comes out to $405. Probably because you don't get a discount on the taxes which are usually pretty high. Very tempting, They fly to Cancun too from DFW, could probably save a little more but $400 to Cozumel compared to other prices I have seen this summer is pretty good.

Damn. That is the sale I was waiting for. But I already booked the Bag drag for $154. I guess I still am saving considerably.

Dang, you got a killer airfare!!!!!!!!!!

Love me some Sun Country - GREAT airline!

Today is the last day of this deal, thanks again DJDan for posting the code. I wanted to go in July and kept looking at prices daily waiting for that special deal to appear with out any luck. I went ahead and booked with SC using the code and got a good deal.
Southwest's cheapest flight to CUN that worked for me was $428, sure free bags but it was not direct and I would have to do the bag drag. Cheapest Spirit to CUN was $350, not brave enough to try that. Now I just have to decide on where I am going to stay, might have to hit up one of those Hostels.

Back
Top Bottom