Summer soltice......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
.... no, not the kind of soltice where endless days happen, but the neverending summer weather of Curacao, with only the brief relief of a shower to break the mono/tony. :wink: 90+ every day, oh crap, the rain now has the humidity at 90%, it's even hotter in the shade! It's 7pm and I have the a/c crankin'

I miss fall already, got to see a glimpse of it when I was home last weekend, the crisp cool air and cutting fire wood....(like grandpa, I don't like to get hot on one stick of wood twice)... would be nice to be backin' up to a cracklin' fire though.

Maybe paridise would be nicer if Bren (I miss her already) was here, but I miss Texas! We'll work through Thanksgiving as it's not a holiday here, save me a drumstick, I'll be home for Christmas......:D

Think I'll just go divin' to cool off tomorrow :mooner:

tony

Hey Tony, we had winds here about 50 mph. that blew the wonderfully colored leaves off of the trees and cleaned up my yard.

Trees are lookin' good and colorful.

I have a bunch of oak and hickory to go in the wood stove.

Can't ya just smell that hickory burnin'?

Lemme know when you get back from the Venezuela area. Have you been to La Roca while there?

We're having ham from my uncle's ranch for Turkey Day...me bad. :D

I feel your pain Tony.... Been there done that wound up back here.
Overall not bad to be in Texas. I do envy you a bit though sometimes.
Greener Grass I guess.

BTW...
No BS now this is for real....
Sealskin98 makes like the most delicious Fresh Mesquite Smoked Bacon... 'Just had some tonight in my Turnip greens MMmmmmm - MMMMmmm

Hey... Where was that lake near your Texas home base that has the generation station / warm water ect... ?

I knew I could depend on the Tunnel Rats to cheer me up....:D

Mike, that ham sounds good! Nope, haven't been to La Roca, went over to Aruba three times, not much there other than cruise ships and tourists, although the east end of the island is kinda neat....flat, windy, but neat.

Frank, it's Brady (or Brandy) Branch, east of Longview almost to Marshal south of I-20. We'll have to take the pontoon boat over there when I get back! It's the power plant lake, 100 degrees on the surface in the summer, the fish actually wait till it cools off in winter to spawn....LOL

countin' the days,

tony

Timeliner:
BTW...No BS now this is for real....
Sealskin98 makes like the most delicious Fresh Mesquite Smoked Bacon... 'Just had some tonight in my Turnip greens MMmmmmm - MMMMmmm

Frank, your weren't supposed to say anything about that. Now everyone will want some.

Although I do have another side of bacon in the freezer that I need to cold smoke.

Ya tried the Arkansas bacon yet?

scubatexastony:
Frank, it's Brady (or Brandy) Branch, east of Longview almost to Marshal south of I-20. We'll have to take the pontoon boat over there when I get back! It's the power plant lake, 100 degrees on the surface in the summer, the fish actually wait till it cools off in winter to spawn....LOL

Sounds like my kinda divin'...do I need my 6.5 wetsuit? :D

sealskin98:
Sounds like my kinda divin'...do I need my 6.5 wetsuit? :D

Well, maybe if you wanna' see the bottom at 60/70 ft, still cold down there. I can just see the headlines now, "December diver suffers heat stroke at local lake"! :rofl3:

Actually the 6.5 would probably be perfect for this time of year at depth. JUST gotta have the coveralls to get in to very quickly when you get topside.........:eyebrow:

tony

Tony, I do feel kinda sorry for you, being homesick and all- but sure wish we could trade places for about 2-3 weeks! I guess any place can be too much of a good thing, if you don't have your family around. Well, try to have a good turkey day, anyway- maybe make some dry stuffing (mine will choke a horse!) and eat a ridiculous amount of food, so you can moan and groan on the couch, undoing your belt, of course! Watch football... (can you?)

We'll be working through Thanksgiving, but I'll do my best to head your advice and stuff myself after work, and lounge on the couch a bit.....sans belt... course I wear overalls, so it'll have to be sans...hehe :D ......and watch some football!

Woke up this morning to wet feet, seems the upstairs neighbor had a leak in the planter on their porch/ balcony and my spare bedroom was flooded with water coming out of the ceiling fan.....and other places in the ceiling. GET THE GEAR OUT!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom