First time to the Andrea Doria off the RV Garloo July 5-8, 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations. It is a great dive. If you got two in you are one above the average.

Very good write up! Thanks for sharing.

I'll be diving the SS Wisconsin in Lake Michigan this Sunday. Simple NDL dive to 120' max. I'll pretend I'm seeing the Doria coming into view through the murkiness as I descend. ;-)

Congrats on achieving that dream. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice trip report! It was the best I've read, on any board, in a number of years. Congratulations on ALL of your efforts that enabled you to do this kind of dive and a huge CONGRATS on the 2 dives themselves!! Well done!!!

He is unbelievable. I dove the S5 with him a few weeks back on a private boat, so I knew about your Doria trip coming up. He was scheduled to hit the doria for several weeks straight (weather pending). If there is a way to get to something, he has found it. Portholes, Steam Whistles, you name it. He's about as good as it gets and has a famous bloodline in Doria diving!

Yes:Mike Dudas has a good bloodline on diving the Doria. His Father a renowned diver and his great Mother Evie.

Your planning and preparation, with a likewise dedicated buddy, are in their way even more impressive than the Doria dives themselves. Not only well done, but done right (in terms of planning and disciplined preparation). Very glad you guys accomplished your goal.

Richard.

Congratulations on accomplishing this giant goal. It's quite a big deal and you were able to do two dives! Wow!
loved your write up. I hope you write a book someday.

Back
Top Bottom