Suit fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oside Jimc

Contributor
Reaction score
Picked up my new TLS350 last week and got to pool test it last night. Love the suit but I'm having an issue getting out of it! Getting my right arm out of the suit is a contortion act, seriously! Even with help it just doesn't want to come off. I purchased a signature series so it is close fitting, but WOW! My 52 year old limbs just dont want to twist that way!

So what is the trick for getting this sucker off without a sharp knife?

Have you try a TLS before you ordered one ? Hopefully you're not trying to get out of it without a buddy helping you..But yes, once someone has your sleeve and opened up the seal, you should be able to twist out of it, they aren't form fitting exactly, but there is no way you're going to get out of it by yourself. If you ever attended a DUI DOG Days rally and test dive, that technique is demonstrated ( or should have been ). probably isn't the golden answer you're looking for..just my experience knowledge...

Have you try a TLS before you ordered one ?

No I did not, but it sounds like the answer is "practice, practice, practice", maybe a yoga class or two? :D

Yep..makes you feel like a contortionist, but it's worth it, it's a great suit.

Hi!

A couple of tips for getting out of your suit...

1) Make sure the crotch strap is undone (that will limit movement)
2) Make sure you pull up all the material from the telescoping torso to give full advantage of the excess material
3) Remove head first (not your actual head, but pop the drysuit off your head :) )
4) Remove right arm first (do not pop both arms half way off and than try to remove...while that may be fun for your friends to see...it will not do much for your fun factor :) )
5) To remove right arm...pull arm half out...drop the left shoulder of the suit down slightly...reach behind to the small of your back with your right arm...catch the right arm with your left hand and pull gently.

Hopefully, these tips help. If you are still having trouble after a little practice, please feel free to contact me directly and we can see exactly what is going on.

Thanks!

Jessica
DUI
jessica@dui-online.com

Jessica, Thanks for the feedback,

1-3, check doing that, it's getting that darned right arm out that is the trick, but hopefully practice will make perfect! No matter what I love the suit, and the Polartech undergarmet fits PERFECTLY so I know it's going to be great.

Got to test dive my new suit off the Marissa yesterday, OMG I LOVE IT!.
Only issue is my 2XL turtles get stuck into my size 10 rockboots so I'm going to have to explore other shoe options, although I must say the size 10 rockboots are enormous on my feet, even with the laces 100% cinched they are still big on my feet.

The suit I tried on at DOG Days did not have Rockboots, so I wasn't able to try them on. However, I did try on a pair of 11's at the shop (I wear 12) and they swallowed my feet except in the width they felt a little tight. Not sure what size to order?

5) To remove right arm...pull arm half out...drop the left shoulder of the suit down slightly...reach behind to the small of your back with your right arm...catch the right arm with your left hand and pull gently.

I also have a signature series TLS. I find it's easier to do this step if I bend forward at the waist, I'm not sure why.

When you tried the 11's on, did you have the drysuit on or try them on over a normal pair of socks? In order to really get an idea of how they will fit, you should wear the drysuit with the insulation you would be wearing while diving and then try the rock boot on.

When worn in this manner, typically, the rock boots are true to size for men and 1 size down for women. The rock boots are designed to accomadate for the extra bulk of the drysuit and insulation.

Thanks,

Jessica
DUI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom