Suit filed in case of "Girl dead, boy injured at Glacier National Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd have a lot more sympathy for this degree of poor performance if they knew that they were just the first line and actual experts were going to come along and redo everything anyway. (Like if they were the first on scene and needed to take some kind of report just to write down initial responses.) But in this situation they're supposed to *be* the experts who come along and redo everything, right? Why would you even think it was appropriate for you to be investigating a diving incident if you didn't know anything about diving and had no expert help lined up to assist you? It's baffling.
I have a major and suspicious climbing accident on El Capitan to investigate. Why don’t we send our dive safety officer out to investigate it. He’s afraid of heights but I’m sure it will be fine. He can watch some toutube videos.

I do feel remorseful for the poor training when I first became a PADI instructor. I do offer free "upgrade" training to my early students whom I was placing on their knees.
Funny, I do too. I will work with any of my poorly trained initial students at no charge just so I can feel better about myself. I was trained (or perhaps, not trained) to do such a disservice to my students.

I'm considering jumping ship from PADI
Based on what @Subfiend has said here, it's all but made up my mind... I have a few students that I owe PADI certs to, but after that, and given my experiences with their "Quality Management" or more accurately, the stunning lack thereof, they've sealed the deal with me.

Back
Top Bottom